Sensuki appreciation thread

Monte Carlo

There's quite a lot of people who have been putting in the hard yards as well. I haven't been reporting as many bugs as other people.

Headbomb, mutonizer, PrimeJunta, IndiraLightfoot, Waywocket, Matt516, Dray Truoc, CatatonicMan, Hormalakh, Ink Blot, Ark Evensong ... many others

Headbomb has like 5 times more bug reports than anyone else. Over the last few days mutonizer and Ink Blot have probably reported the most

Edited by Sensuki
  • Like 13

Agreed big thanks to all the fellas putting in hard work trying to make this game the best as possible, even if we disagree about whatever subject the intent is there for the benefit of the game.

I'd do a lot more testing and stuff myself if

A) I had backed the game for more money

B) was not already doing software development as my job

• Like 3

You fools! With this much praise, he will become complacent and lose his rigorous attitude :p

Honestly though, I appreciate your work as well, although I think you are coming across as a bit over-zealous at times.

Not that that's making your arguments any less convincing and I can understand that you feel strongly about the game, so it's fine by me.

Still, it's kind of sad that you feel like sacrificing yourself doing all this, you should have your cake and eat it too.

*joins group-hug*

*brings virtual cake*

Thanks for the hard work guys

• Like 1

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

*Casts Nature's Terror* :aiee: , *Casts Firebug* :fdevil: , *Casts Rot-Skulls* :skull: , *Casts Garden of Life* :luck: *Spirit-shifts to cat form* :cat:

I think one thing we need to really discuss though in regards to the hard work people have been doing is combat xp.

Thanks Guys for all the bug reporting and game systems feedback.

I am sure PoE will be better for it. Even though i disagree with almost all of you on something. :lol:

Edited by Immortalis
  • Like 2

From George Ziets @ http://new.spring.me/#!/user/GZiets/timeline/responses

Didn’t like the fact that I don’t get XP for combat. While this does put more emphasis on solving quests, the lack of rewards for killing creatures makes me want to avoid combat (the core activity of the game) as much as I can.

I'm very much looking forward to you and Matt's upcoming mega thread.

I am working on it now. Just finished one of the sections, but I've got heaps more to write up. Probably ETA ~2 days.

The Table of Contents is:

• Introduction
  • Attributes, with subsections
  1. Debunking Perception and Resolve
  2. Proposed System with Mathematical and Logical arguments with DPS charts and graphs (possibly more charts and graphs too) and Use Cases.
  • Health System
  • Animations & Recovery (a few subsections)
  • Weapon Imbalance
  • The Grand Combat Muddle
  • Length of Adventuring Day

I will also probably record a video on it as well, or multiple videos.

Edited by Sensuki
  • Like 2

I will also probably record a video on it as well, or multiple videos.

A video only would be ideal because few people would not be intimidated by a text wall.

In a video you could make a montage of visual examples from other games.

The only problem would be the high cost of the narrator you will have to hire.

:)

After my realization that White March has the same XP reward problem, I don't even have the drive to launch game anymore because I hated so much reaching Twin Elms with a level cap in vanilla PoE that I don't wish to relive that experience.

I know that some of the Russians on the RPGCodex love to hear my voice, so perhaps I will narrate the whole thing ;)

Text is faster to read than listening to a video though.

Edited by Sensuki
  • Like 1

I know that some of the Russians on the RPGCodex love to hear my voice, so perhaps I will narrate the whole thing ;)

Text is faster to read than listening to a video though.

Not everyone native language here is English, so I do not think reading is faster

• Like 1

After my realization that White March has the same XP reward problem, I don't even have the drive to launch game anymore because I hated so much reaching Twin Elms with a level cap in vanilla PoE that I don't wish to relive that experience.

I bet Sensuki's feeling pretty awesome with everyone always saying how great he is. Well Sensuki, you deserve it.

"Good thing I don't heal my characters or they'd be really hurt." Is not something I should ever be thinking.

I use blue text when I'm being sarcastic.