How to play the Rogue class

DannyBarks

Sorry for the newb thread, but I searched the forum and google, and didn't find anything useful.

The question is: how do you play the Rogue class properly ... as an actual rogue?

I feel like I'm just a ranged dps character most of the time, with reckless attack turned on constantly.

What am I doing wrong? :-p

I feel like I'm just a ranged dps character most of the time, with reckless attack turned on constantly.

What am I doing wrong? :-p

Nothing, that's quite literally how they play at the moment. Some people have been using the Rogue with an Estoc which is a good way to use it as long as you do not draw aggro.

I would say they're not hugely fun to play atm.

Edited by Sensuki
  • Like 3

Rogue exploit conditions and flanking to deal extra damage (aka sneak attack). Using them as archer is almost dumb, because the easiest condition to apply is flanked and prone. In other word, they make a great combo with a fighter. That is why, I find them best in melee, in the back of the enemies that my BB fighter is facing and knocking down.

Also, change BB rogue weapons, the early fight in the demo has many resistance to slashing and piercing weapons.

Azarhal, Chanter and Keeper of Truth of the Obsidian Order of Eternity.