The Funny Things Thread

Rosbjerg

oAOUyY0.gif

"Turned wrong way round, the relentless unforeseen was what we schoolchildren studied as 'History,' harmless history, where everything unexpected in its own time is chronicled on the page as inevitable. The terror of the unforeseen is what the science of history hides, turning a disaster into an epic.”

-Philip Roth, The Plot Against America

oAOUyY0.gif

They actually showed this bit on TV here once, as a "make fun of the fat nerd" thing. I'm going to ruin it a bit though, if anyone doesn't know what the real funny thing about this actually is: This is a pretty famous YouTuber (Boogie2988) and the angry fat nerd "Francis" is a character that he plays. He's super nice and laid back, one of the kindest and most respectful people on the internet.

As for the treadmill, this guy's actually lost a lot of weight. He was even larger before (as far as I know, he was raised by a single mother who was also a schizophrenic or something and he coped with eating) and got around in one of those carts for people who can't walk, because he really couldn't. Seeing his progress is actually pretty awesome and inspiring.

• Like 4

This little furtive act of stealing...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KkJsy3J3iOE

...made me think of this annoying tune, although it's about getting caught:

Edited by IndiraLightfoot

*** "The words of someone who feels ever more the ent among saplings when playing CRPGs" ***