Display a warning if you select a companion portrait.

Mayama

^either that or the companion's portrait gets auto-changed to a different version.

(but that might confuse you on a replay :lol: )

I thought in PoE (final at least) we weren't getting to choose the companion portraits but were getting separate group for our PCs (?)

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

*Casts Nature's Terror* :aiee: , *Casts Firebug* :fdevil: , *Casts Rot-Skulls* :skull: , *Casts Garden of Life* :luck: *Spirit-shifts to cat form* :cat:

Well, there's 8 companions and they'll probably all have their own, unique portraits. If not, they'll just do what they did in the BG games and switch to an alternate portrait for the companion in question.

"You're a fool if you believe I would trust your benevolence. Step aside and you and your lackeys will be unhurt."

Baldur's Gate portraits for Pillars of Eternity   IXI   Icewind Dale portraits for Pillars of Eternity   IXI   Icewind Dale 2 portraits for Pillars of Eternity

[slap Aloth]

I thought in PoE (final at least) we weren't getting to choose the companion portraits but were getting separate group for our PCs (?)

This is correct, player portraits are kept separate from companions to prevent those awkward moments in your travels.

• Like 2

This is correct, player portraits are kept separate from companions to prevent those awkward moments in your travels.

This would also be the case for non-party NPC's as well, I assume?

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

I don't mind if there aren't too many non-party NPC portraits but please don't handle it like the below example which kinda ruined the whole experience for me:

In BGII:ToB as soon as you get to Saradush this nice lady who cares about everyone and just wants to help so much has VO and a portrait.. 'little bit suss' I thought, 'not many minor characters have VO and a portrait.. there's something *off* about her.. Oh, it's Melissan, the main villain. Good. Glad we didn't give that away within 10 minutes of starting the game'.