[BUG] v278 - After loading game my MC has a shield glued to his feet.

Marceror

Question

This is my first time loading my game since I started this game a couple of days ago. Now my main character has a shield under his feet. It moves where she moves.

[Current behavior]A shield is perpetually displayed under my main character's feet.

[Expected behavior]There is no shield displayed under my main character's feet.

[How to reproduce]

Launch the game from the most current save file. This save file was taken in the Dyrford ruins, about halfway in.

Interestingly enough, if I go back to an earlier save when I first arrived in the ruin, or earlier in the game I don't have this problem. It's just this one save game.

For what it's worth, my character does not have a shield equipped. She's a female godlike paladin (I'm so unoriginal) wielding a greatsword.

Edited by Marceror

"Now to find a home for my other staff."
My Project Eternity Interview with Adam Brennecke

11 answers to this question

That seems to be related to a different, but probably related issue. I've seen that one as well, where there's a shield in the middle of the floor.

The issue I'm reporting relates to a shield being perpetually under my main character's feet. It moves with him. So a bit different.

Okay, got it. Still think it's a good idea to have these reported separately in the event that they aren't caused by exactly the same bug.

I've had this happen too with a shield and a blunderbuss glued to the bottom of my character. At least the blunderbuss was not even equipped on anyone in the party. At some point in dracogen in the items were not even below the character but a few meters ahead of him wherever he was facing, happily moving along whenever he moved or rotated.

I found out how to exactly reproduce this every time and some of it's dependencies - uploading a video now.

I can confirm that Grimoires (sp?) also do it.

I've also seen them stacking up at the Armorers shop in front of the counter.

Excellent analysis Sensuki. And as we discussed in another thread recently, if you never load a save game (i.e. you play the backer beta in a single sitting) this issue will not occur. Repeating here in case it proves helpful to the devs.