RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS

Blarghagh

That Hatred trailer looks pretty boring, imo.

That's really the thing.  Many of us played the South Park game, which was tasteless and horrible, but also hilarious and sardonic.  

Hatred looks rather pointless.  Are the redeeming qualities that you can kill people and they will scream for mercy?  Where is the audience for that?

• Like 1

That's really the thing.  Many of us played the South Park game, which was tasteless and horrible, but also hilarious and sardonic.  

Hatred looks rather pointless.  Are the redeeming qualities that you can kill people and they will scream for mercy?  Where is the audience for that?

Hm, seems to be it, really - slaughter people before the cops kill you (again, like GTA sometimes). Or maybe it is just a grand attempt to troll journalists to see who can be the most 'disgusted' and put off by it.

Apparently Epic is unhappy, for other reasons - http://www.polygon.com/2014/10/16/6989459/hatred-epic-games-unreal-engine

Edited by Malcador
  • Like 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

So, it's Mashunt 3? Saying "no thanks" just doesn't suffice with the amount of "nope" I'm feeling.

Come on, is been a while since the media has attacked game violence. Is almost nostalgic at this point.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Epic Games is beinga b bay. these are the type of overreatcions that annoy me. I might fork over money to buy this game out of the spite of the crybabies. "WAA! Violence in media. WAAAAA!

Idiots.

I mean it's not even close to the first game to have the player have the ability to kill innocents.

On top of that: GUYS IT IS NOT REAL NOBODY IS BEING KILLED.

The people who get all judgemental, moralistic, and panderous over this stuff are the ones most likely to comment violence. Because they believe entetrainment media is real. LMAO

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Epic Games is beinga b bay. these are the type of overreatcions that annoy me. I might fork over money to buy this game out of the spite of the crybabies. "WAA! Violence in media. WAAAAA!

Idiots.

I mean it's not even close to the first game to have the player have the ability to kill innocents.

The people who get all judgemental, moralistic, and panderous over this stuff are the ones most likely to comment violence. Because they believe entetrainment media is real. LMAO

Actually is more of a knee jerk reaction.

There was an experiment with monkeys and social conditioning, the monkeys where locked in a room that had a stair and a fruit on top of it. When a monkey tried to reach for the fruit they turned on a spray that hit the monkeys on the bottom. Eventually the monkeys began self policing; when a monkey tried to get the fruit the rest would stop it.

Then they began taking out monkeys and putting new ones in and when the new guy tried to get the fruit the rest would stop it. Eventually the new monkeys would join in the policing attempts. They continued this until the original group was completely replaced and the monkeys still had the conditioning.

Its ritual without the meaning.

• Like 1
I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

So, it's Mashunt 3? Saying "no thanks" just doesn't suffice with the amount of "nope" I'm feeling.

No. Manhunt really is different. It at least has some kind of point.

By the way, I find that The Last of Us reminds me a lot of Manhunt. It doesn't feature the "wait a bit for harsher execution"-scenes, but the death scenes are still very brutal and the pure gameplay is actually very similar. You hide in the shadow, you try to knock out enemies from behind with stealth, usually you sneak around everywhere, strong enemies with sight cones patroling specific areas and who can kill you fast if you don't keep a low profile or have much better weapons available... More than once I felt like playing an upgrade of Manhunt in a post apocalyptic setting (with a better story and deeper characters).

Edited by Lexx

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Idiots.

Idiots.

Actually is more of a knee jerk reaction.

There was an experiment with monkeys and social conditioning, the monkeys where locked in a room that had a stair and a fruit on top of it. When a monkey tried to reach for the fruit they turned on a spray that hit the monkeys on the bottom. Eventually the monkeys began self policing; when a monkey tried to get the fruit the rest would stop it.

Then they began taking out monkeys and putting new ones in and when the new guy tried to get the fruit the rest would stop it. Eventually the new monkeys would join in the policing attempts. They continued this until the original group was completely replaced and the monkeys still had the conditioning.

Its ritual without the meaning.

Actually I would say you are both wrong, where does it say in the comment from Epic games the reason they want there image removed is due to nature of the game. In fact they state "and we explicitly don't exert any sort of creative control or censorship over projects " so this is really a trademark issue

But don't get me wrong, I think Epic games should say they want nothing to do with this game because of the nature of the game. But that's not  the reason they are giving, so this is not a "SJ knee-jerk reaction"

@ Volo

I really don't think its a good idea you even entertain playing this game. I am worried about the negative impact it will have on you :ermm:

Edited by BruceVC

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

I went to the website of that Hatred game  to ask them what was the purpose of this game but there forum isn't active, but on there front page is the following

"The question you may ask is: why do they do this? These days, when a lot of games are heading to be polite, colorful, politically correct and trying to be some kind of higher art, rather than just an entertainment – we wanted to create something against trends. Something different, something that could give the player a pure, gaming pleasure. Herecomes our game, which takes no prisoners and makes no excuses. We say ‘yes, it is a game about killing people’ and the only reason of the antagonist doing that sick stuff is his deep-rooted hatred. Player has to ask himself what can push any human being to mass-murder. We provoke this question using new Unreal Engine 4, pushing its physics (or rather PhysX) systems to the limits and trying to make the visuals as good as possible. It's not a simple task, because of the game's non-linear structure and a lot of characters on the screen. But here at Destructive Creations, we are an experienced team and we know how to handle the challenge"

I think there reason is terrible for creating this game. Firstly do they not consider the hundreds of games that exist entertaining? We are more spoilt  by choice than ever

And why is mindless killing different? Is allowing the player to commit mass murder really whats lacking? And is this type of game really going to give players the pleasure that is somehow missing from all the games at our disposal ? Is this what they define as entertainment

Edited by BruceVC

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Calm down Bruce, no-one force you to play it. And I dont see why you would question others to not play it. I dont have anything against violence in vidogames but I must say that Hatred looks quite tasteless. I prefer Postal - still have good memories when I was burning people protesting against violence in video games :)

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

And why is mindless killing different? Is allowing the player to commit mass murder really whats lacking? And is this type of game really going to give players the pleasure that is somehow missing from all the games at our disposal ? Is this what they define as entertainment

Mass murder opportunities have never been in short supply. I could do mass murder in BG in 1998. I can do mass murder in Dishonored today (the Conspiracy members are off-limits but everyone else is fair game). The funny part is I never did. I know that pixels don't feel pain - just somehow I'm never in a mood for a pointless virtual killing spree.

Anyway, Hatred reminds me of Carmageddon. I like its punk attitude and I love how it stirred up the hornet's nest. Again all those sanctimonious moralists will burst their lungs crying about a video game. And thinking about their futile efforts makes me laugh. And I like things that make me laugh. :)

Edited by prodigydancer
  • Like 1

I think there reason is terrible for creating this game. Firstly do they not consider the hundreds of games that exist entertaining? We are more spoilt  by choice than ever

It sounds like a marketing tactic. 'Lets create the most "extreme" game ever made'.

I guess the attraction would be to get a kick out of pretend-burn the world.

• Like 1

Mass murder opportunities have never been in short supply. I could do mass murder in BG in 1998. I can do mass murder in Dishonored today (the Conspiracy members are off-limits but everyone else is fair game). The funny part is I never did. I know that pixels don't feel pain - just somehow I'm never in a mood for a pointless virtual killing spree.

Anyway, Hatred reminds me of Carmageddon. I like its punk attitude and I love how it stirred up the hornet's nest. Again all those sanctimonious moralists will burst their lungs crying about a video game. And thinking about their futile efforts makes me laugh. And I like things that make me laugh. :)

But that's my point, there are several games where you can embark on a campaign of mass murder. Like any GTA game, so why is it  such a novel idea for them and why do they think this is something different ?

Edited by BruceVC

John Milton 

But that's my point, there are several games where you can embark on a campaign of mass murder. Like any GTA game, so why is it  such a novel idea for them and why do they think this is something different ?

Maybe they dont, but I am pretty sure its working as we all can see on you as an example :) 

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

http://www.polygon.com/2014/10/16/6988687/the-worst-trailer-of-the-year-revels-in-slaughtering-innocents

Polygon almost fainted. Okay, not really.

Apparently one of the developers is a neo-Nazi as well - http://****novideogames.tumblr.com/post/100204212288/hatred-is-a-genocide-simulator-developed-by-neo-nazis . Though the source is dubious.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

http://www.polygon.com/2014/10/16/6988687/the-worst-trailer-of-the-year-revels-in-slaughtering-innocents

Apparently one of the developers is a neo-Nazi as well - http://****novideogames.tumblr.com/post/100204212288/hatred-is-a-genocide-simulator-developed-by-neo-nazis . Though the source is dubious.

Holy Smoke !!!

This game is going from bad to worse, now they are playing the Neo-Nazi card....it doesn't get worse than that. This confirms my initial view...Volo definitely mustn't play this game !!!  :wowey:

John Milton 

Holy Smoke !!!

This game is going from bad to worse, now they are playing the Neo-Nazi card....it doesn't get worse than that. This confirms my initial view...Volo definitely mustn't play this game !!!  :wowey:

1. I already hate that blog and its only second post i read there

FNVG is an independent blog keeping you up-to-date on toxic behavior and offensive content (sexism, racism, homophobia, transphobia, and more) in the games industry.

In fact, the opposite is true - it’s a game about glorifying violent racism and white supremacy. Consider the game’s trailer, which conspicuously lingers on the white protagonist brutally murdering and mutilating people of color.

like really? Now we cant have white protagonists anymore, because its racist xD

2. where is stated that he is neo-nazi? Because he is in islamofobic movement? On photo of team there seems to be 'brown' looking guy...

I don't think the game is novel or special, though, in a way, it seems like the purest distillation of what many (possibly the majority) of games are.  It's a murder simulator, plain and simple, much like so many games, except that it doesn't pretend to be anything it is not.  It doesn't sugar coat what it is with attempts at justification as to why it's all good in the hood that you're mass murdering, because "heroic" stuff.  That said, it quite honestly looks boring and ****ty to me.  Still, I feel it has a right to exist if someone is willing to put in the time, effort, and resources to make it.  People have a choice, they can choose to buy this or not.  It should not be banned or censored.  Slap the appropriate ESRB rating on it and put it out on the open market and let it sink or swim on its own merits, same as any other game.

Edited by Keyrock
  • Like 1

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Meh, looks boring. If I want to go around killing everything in sight I'll probably end up playing IWD or some other combat heavy RPG.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

The best outcome would probably be for everyone to ignore Hatred.  It is basically waving its arms around saying "Look at me, I'm ultra violent!" and then assuming that is all you need to sell games.  It would be nice to see the market prove it wrong.

• Like 2