RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS

Blarghagh

It might have been mentioned in this thread before, but because I can't be arsed to search and I thought it looked cool, here's Rebel Galaxy:

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2014/10/15/rebel-galaxy-torchlight-veterans/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rtg56RGq0OY

It looks pretty great from that two minute trailer.

• Like 1

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2014/10/14/review-rpg-grimrock-sequel/

Legend of Grimrock 2 review. All I can say is  " wowzers", it looks good

And it appears harder than the first one

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

As always, SMAC was better :p

• Like 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Cute how the lady barely gives a **** about her (presumably) husband being left behind. :lol:

I thought it was her dad.

Also, they launched off in **** shaped rockets.  Misogyny!

Edited by Keyrock

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

It looks like I'll have to give Evil Within a miss. The internetz are boiling with discontent over a horrific port, where no controls can be-reassigned. I love to have my arrow keys around the arrow keys, and not the WASD-setup, for instance. Perhaps I get to try it on PS4 later instead.

*** "The words of someone who feels ever more the ent among saplings when playing CRPGs" ***

It looks like I'll have to give Evil Within a miss. The internetz are boiling with discontent over a horrific port, where no controls can be-reassigned. I love to have my arrow keys around the arrow keys, and not the WASD-setup, for instance. Perhaps I get to try it on PS4 later instead.

Oh my. This is a definite no go for me then. I always use a custom control scheme.

Cute how the lady barely gives a **** about her (presumably) husband being left behind. :lol:

I thought it was her dad.

Also, they launched off in **** shaped rockets.  Misogyny!

I watched that trailer muted, while listening to the ISIS song.

Laughs were had.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

After watching that C:BE video, and a few more on Steam, Im sorely tempted to preorder. Ive never played a Civ game but this seems like a good jumping in point that caters to my sci-fi taste.

I have played hundreds and hundreds of hours of CiV alone (and thousands of hours in the Civ series), and I can say this much: It's a more sleek and Panzer General-like version of Civ with hexes and less micro-management. And C:BE has lots in common with CiV. Personally, some of the immersion got lost, but some of the fun of the CiV-series, especially combat, got even more fun and more user-friendly. It took me a while to get used to CiV, but now I really like it. If you're looking for an Alpha Centauri fit for the year 2014, based on some cool new research in astrobiology and astronomy and some over-the-top sci-fi aliens, I'd say that you won't regret trying C:BE out. :)

EDIT: Judging by gameplay vids, C:BE is a much tougher game at the start, and getting a foothold or two after the first founded Central will require more boldness and risks. You will be more vulnerable, and the other factions will arrive later, in succession, somehow. Also, the tech tree is replaced by a very neat tech web.

Edited by IndiraLightfoot
  • Like 1

*** "The words of someone who feels ever more the ent among saplings when playing CRPGs" ***

It's just a cutscene. The game devs more than likely had nothing to do with it. 

Not necessarily, sometimes there is great talent on a development team that can manage the level of quality required for a cinematic model. Mostly within cinematic games, so in this case you might be right.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Dreamfall: Chapters is looking great! Don't forget October 21 y'all!

Dreamfall: Chapters is looking great! Don't forget October 21 y'all!

Not holding out much hope that will be good.

I have the first two Dreamfall games on GOG, I should play them soon

• Like 1

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Grimrock 2 on GoG

http://www.gog.com/news/release_legend_of_grimrock_2

And Aliens vs Preadator Classic giveaway on GoG. The most scary FPS ever released. Optimized for modern computers.

http://www.gog.com/news/giveaway_aliens_vs_predator_classic_2000

• Like 3

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

I felt like buying a new game, then I realized that the only thing that's come out in the past six or so months is the "definitive" sleeping dogs, which is apparently a slideshow on the ps4. A lot of "why not" games like the new cod and gta v/ps4 are going to get skipped this year because they release simultaneously with DAI. I might pick up wolfenstein if it's gotten cheaper, or just, y'know, boot up something old and save my money. Hmpf.

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Ooh I can allready hear the Weenies starting to squeal.

Edit: Day one purchase.

Edited by Nonek

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

He must have an inter-dimensional portal in his jacket. He put 2 magazines, two grenades and a knife in the same pocket. :lol:

That loading action also looks like a sure way to jam an ak family gun. :p

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif