RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS

Blarghagh

I do also like the "Desperate Defense" doctrine icon that shows a man in a wheelchair with a Panzerfaust.

And modern Blitzkrieg makes me hope that the game might go beyond 1945. I always wanted a good Cold War era paradox game - or at least have the option of playing an actual WW3 in HOI.

Fortune favors the bald.

I'd be more worried about the strategically placed black swirly things that appear when she is naked. They appear to make it impossible for her to go to the bathroom. It's only a matter of time before the resulting constipation will prove lethal.

The black swirly things are her hair.  All her magic is done via hair.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Samsonetta?

Nah, she chopped her hair short of Bayonetta 2 and retained all her powers.  If she was Samson she's be pretty much useless in the sequel.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Dragon Age: Inquisition required/recommended specs revealed

Kind of like other games they recommend 3 GB vRam, but it only requires 512 MB.

Sounds like it scales well and was made to work on older hardware while also take advantage of newer, more powerful hardware.  If so, thumbs up BioWare.  We'll find out for sure soon enough.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

Not sure, maybe this has already been posted, but Pathologic KS campaign was a success.

If you like art-heavy indie games this may be something you want to follow. Pathologic project is a remake of a 2005 game by the same studio. The original game was quite unique (formally it was survival horror) and the developers promise many improvements including a better English translation.

• Like 1

Dragon Age: Inquisition required/recommended specs revealed

Kind of like other games they recommend 3 GB vRam, but it only requires 512 MB.

Sounds like it scales well and was made to work on older hardware while also take advantage of newer, more powerful hardware.  If so, thumbs up BioWare.  We'll find out for sure soon enough.

Wonder if it can scale down all the way to DX9 for those to whom framerates are God.

“Political philosophers have often pointed out that in wartime, the citizen, the male citizen at least, loses one of his most basic rights, his right to life; and this has been true ever since the French Revolution and the invention of conscription, now an almost universally accepted principle. But these same philosophers have rarely noted that the citizen in question simultaneously loses another right, one just as basic and perhaps even more vital for his conception of himself as a civilized human being: the right not to kill.”

-Jonathan Littell <<Les Bienveillantes>>

"The chancellor, the late chancellor, was only partly correct. He was obsolete. But so is the State, the entity he worshipped. Any state, entity, or ideology becomes obsolete when it stockpiles the wrong weapons: when it captures territories, but not minds; when it enslaves millions, but convinces nobody. When it is naked, yet puts on armor and calls it faith, while in the Eyes of God it has no faith at all. Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of Man...that state is obsolete."

-Rod Serling

And modern Blitzkrieg makes me hope that the game might go beyond 1945. I always wanted a good Cold War era paradox game - or at least have the option of playing an actual WW3 in HOI.

"Klotzen, nicht kleckern. Man schlägt jemanden mit der Faust und nicht mit gespreizten Fingern."

“Political philosophers have often pointed out that in wartime, the citizen, the male citizen at least, loses one of his most basic rights, his right to life; and this has been true ever since the French Revolution and the invention of conscription, now an almost universally accepted principle. But these same philosophers have rarely noted that the citizen in question simultaneously loses another right, one just as basic and perhaps even more vital for his conception of himself as a civilized human being: the right not to kill.”

-Jonathan Littell <<Les Bienveillantes>>

"The chancellor, the late chancellor, was only partly correct. He was obsolete. But so is the State, the entity he worshipped. Any state, entity, or ideology becomes obsolete when it stockpiles the wrong weapons: when it captures territories, but not minds; when it enslaves millions, but convinces nobody. When it is naked, yet puts on armor and calls it faith, while in the Eyes of God it has no faith at all. Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of Man...that state is obsolete."

-Rod Serling

Not sure, maybe this has already been posted, but Pathologic KS campaign was a success.

If you like art-heavy indie games this may be something you want to follow. Pathologic project is a remake of a 2005 game by the same studio. The original game was quite unique (formally it was survival horror) and the developers promise many improvements including a better English translation.

Any word if they are planning to add fast travel, or at least make the running speed faster. Cuz I spent most of that game going from place to place only to try and find what would make the story advance.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Any word if they are planning to add fast travel, or at least make the running speed faster. Cuz I spent most of that game going from place to place only to try and find what would make the story advance.

Fast travel is unlikely because the game is a race against time first and foremost. "It's a game where you can’t save everyone."

But faster run speed is possible because they're going to expand the game world and add things they planned for the original but couldn't do back then.

Fast travel is unlikely because the game is a race against time first and foremost. "It's a game where you can’t save everyone."

But faster run speed is possible because they're going to expand the game world and add things they planned for the original but couldn't do back then.

**** that, if they're expanding they better get me a horse

• Like 1
I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

village_idiot.gif

Has anybody else noticed that Ms Bayonetta has a pinhead? Her cranium is absolutely tiny.

Am I the only one who thinks the entire Bayonetta thing is just 100% pure stupid.

From frakked up proportions to pistol high-heels to pretty much everything.

It's the kind of stupid that I'd normally laugh at, except it's too stupid to do even that.

• Like 3

* YOU ARE A WRONGULARITY FROM WHICH NO RIGHT CAN ESCAPE! *

Chuck Norris was wrong once - He thought HE made a mistake!

Has anybody else noticed that Ms Bayonetta has a pinhead? Her cranium is absolutely tiny.

Am I the only one who thinks the entire Bayonetta thing is just 100% pure stupid.

It's the kind of stupid that I'd normally laugh at, except it's too stupid to do even that.

Yep, normally dont have too much problems with 'anime' japan style artistic approach but that game is way over the top, I would not touch it with 2m long stick

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

I, for one, enjoy the pure stupid in this case.  It's part of what I love about Platinum Games, they go full on balls to the wall over the top with everything they do.  That sort of extreme dedication to ridiculousness will certainly rub some people the wrong way, but it makes my inner 12 year old child smile with a big toothy grin in this case.

tumblr_mo7c73leUE1sskqzho1_500.gif

Anyway, review scores are coming in and they're really good so far:

IGN - 9.5/10

D'toid - 10/10

It's running at 91% on Metacritic with 31 reviews in.  I'm so freakin' excited for the 24th, or whenever my copy gets to my door.  I'm going to be playing both Bayonetta games until my thumbs bleed. (As an added bonus, all indications are that the packed in Bayo 1 that comes with this is the best version of that game)   :dancing:

Edited by Keyrock
  • Like 2

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

Isn't Bayonetta a French product? I think the explanation is that they have different tastes than we do. Jerry Lewis, for example. :) Although Asterix was pretty good for its time.

Edited by rjshae

"It has just been discovered that research causes cancer in rats."

Polygon wrung their hands a bit over it, shockingly - https://archive.today/PdFiP

Must be pretty good if they still gave it a 7.5 despite the horrible horrible misogyny of depicting a strong, confident, capable, albeit hyper sexualized, female protagonist.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

Polygon wrung their hands a bit over it, shockingly - https://archive.today/PdFiP

Must be pretty good if they still gave it a 7.5 despite the horrible horrible misogyny of depicting a strong, confident, capable, albeit hyper sexualized, female protagonist.

Do you think the introduces himself: "Hi, I'm Arthur Gries and I hate my ****"

• Like 2

village_idiot.gif

Do you think the introduces himself: "Hi, I'm Arthur Gries and I hate my ****"

With any luck, assuming a 3rd entry in the series is ever made, Platinum could get pressured into having her wear one of these:

burqa.jpg

Word 'round the campfire is that the places where these are typically worn are all types of progressive and treat women with the utmost respect.

• Like 2

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

http://www.pcgamer.com/far-cry-4-trailer-is-all-about-survival/

Far Cry 4 trailer, looks good ....very good :thumbsup:

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela