RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS

Blarghagh

Well YYYYMMDD is the ISO standard if I'm not mistaken

I know they do it different over there but since this is the only place I really encounter the different format it throws me for a loop sometimes

I actually like that we don't all have the same formats

and I suppose I should have included an emoticon or something to indicate I was joking. Apologies

Edited by ShadySands

Free games updated 3/4/21

How do they spell it out in other places?  For example, the date on my classroom board says October 6th, 2014.  So that's why it's easy for me to think 10/06/14, because I'm used to seeing it spelled out that way.  Do they go 6th of October, 2014 in other parts of the world? 

Edited by Hurlshot

Yes, in german it is pretty much "1st (of) March" etc. I hate the american way of time, because usually on random websites, if both numbers are < 12, I often never know which one is day and which one is month. Blessed are the websites that write the full month name.

• Like 2

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Yes, in german it is pretty much "1st (of) March" etc. I hate the american way of time, because usually on random websites, if both numbers are < 12, I often never know which one is day and which one is month. Blessed are the websites that write the full month name.

Thanks, I suspected it sounds more fluid in other languages

Cool. I have both that and Styx: Master of Shadows pre-ordered.

I have been a bit unhappy with Double Fine lately, but I still bought Broken Age during a sale, and I enjoyed the first Costume Quest enough to pre-order the sequel.

I have been a bit unhappy with Double Fine lately, but I still bought Broken Age during a sale, and I enjoyed the first Costume Quest enough to pre-order the sequel.

If I could cancel pre-orders on Steam, I would have. DF is not running themselves like a trustworthy company.

If I could cancel pre-orders on Steam, I would have. DF is not running themselves like a trustworthy company.

Why can't you cancel pre-orders on Steam?  I've done it before.

Banner Saga is now on iOS!

+Turn based tactical combat.

+ Hand drawn 2D art

+ King of Dragon Pass like C&C system

+ Pseudo Viking setting

+ Perfect format to play on the go with the iPad.

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

How do they spell it out in other places?  For example, the date on my classroom board says October 6th, 2014.  So that's why it's easy for me to think 10/06/14, because I'm used to seeing it spelled out that way.  Do they go 6th of October, 2014 in other parts of the world? 

Yes in South Africa we normally use day/month/year.

It makes sense since you are incrementing logically. So 6 October 2014 is 6/10/2014

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Why can't you cancel pre-orders on Steam?  I've done it before.

Valve stated they treat pre-order cancellations as an exception rather than the norm. You have to go out of your way to ask customer support for a cancellation and they won't do it for you more than once or twice.

Edited by Oner

Huh, that pretty much removes any motivation I would have to pre-order again.  It's not like they will run out of copies like they do in a physical store, and the bonus for pre-ordering is never really that good.  

They do run out of keys. It's happened to me at one occasion.

Huh, that pretty much removes any motivation I would have to pre-order again.  It's not like they will run out of copies like they do in a physical store, and the bonus for pre-ordering is never really that good.  

If it's a Steam exclusive I usually pre-order from either Amazon because they don't charge me until the game releases and I can cancel at any time or from GMG because I usually get at least 20% off

• Like 1

The Costume Quest 2 reviews have started coming in and the consensus seems to be "more of the same with somewhat improved combat".  I'm okay with that.  The annual Costume Quest playthrough is coming soon, this time with double the Costume Quest!

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Pre-ordering a game seems like sending off for a mail-order spouse--you may be happy with your choice, or you may be getting a lunatic blood-sucking leech that drives you off the cliff.

"It has just been discovered that research causes cancer in rats."

Apparently NBA2K15's face scanning mode is a bit glitchy and may turn your players into eldritch horrors.

BzUgrN9IEAEX86p.jpg

BzUgmkyIIAAKPv8.jpg

BzWywp0IcAApKJH.jpg

BzUirSRCUAAoUXN.jpg

BzUuAUYCEAEJ2m4.jpg

:o

• Like 4

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

I was just about to say people are confusing their RAM and vRAM. No game ever, requires 6GB on-card vRAM. 

I see it clearly states that, however. Still not buying it. The requirement, I mean. Look, it says 8MB of system RAM, not GB. Someone's kid is slapping the keyboard at Steam's system requirements page. 

Edit: Can't find any info disproving the 6GB thing. Now I want to know just how many cards even come with that much. One, or two. 

I see three, GTX Titan Black, R9 290X/295X2, and a one-off 280X from MSI. 

How much Vram does a new gen console have anyway. 

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.