RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS

Blarghagh

Btw, totalbiscuit about reviewing Shadows of Mordor on twitter:

https://twitter.com/Totalbiscuit/status/516350999083368449

"The message we got was "we can give you prerelease code but only if you do this paid brand deal". We refused, naturally."

Elsewhere on the net, "being offered" a deal like that is a sign that you're getting somewhere.. Different worlds.

• Like 1

The injustice must end! Sign the petition and Free the Krug!

It will be fun, whenever the hell it actually comes out. :p

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

To be honest, I never played any Mount & Blade game and I have no idea what they are about nor what you as a player do. I feel too lazy to inform myself on it.

Edited by Lexx

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

To be honest, I never played any Mount & Blade game and I have no idea what they are about nor what you as a player do. I feel too lazy to inform myself on it.

Have you ever played Sid Meier's Pirates! ?  It's like that, but on dry land.

Edited by Keyrock

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

But a bit

Have you ever played Sid Meier's Pirates! ?  It's like that, but on dry land.

But a bit less of a story.

I found it addictive to begin with, but after a certain point it was just repeating the same actions again and again and again.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

My Shadows of Mordor pre-release review:

-75% Steam sale

"One does not simply walk into Mordor.  One pays a toll."

• Like 2

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VBPmkfu_zs8&list=UUy1Ms_5qBTawC-k7PVjHXKQ

In a nutshell; if you like Batman Arkham series you will likely like this one too. PC port has no problems, but for some reason high textures require 3GB of video RAM even though the game doesn't look that good. The not yet released Ultra pack requires whopping 6GB.

Edited by Slinky

Bunch of Cities Skylines videos, 3 of them.

http://youtu.be/jP-l4JeNfI4?list=PLiIy6w49W8ok1SWCeKaXxVhnvQB0ylFnv

Edited by Malcador

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

In a nutshell; if you like Batman Arkham series you will likely like this one too. PC port has no problems, but for some reason high textures require 3GB of video RAM even though the game doesn't look that good. The not yet released Ultra pack requires whopping 6GB.

6gb of video ram? Only a few cards even come with that.

6gb of video ram? Only a few cards even come with that.

Yeah. I guess it could be just a typo but they don't seem to be in a hurry to correct it is that's the case.

Also call me paranoid, but launching a nvidia brand game that needs 3+gb vram at high settings just after Nvidia has launched a new line of gfx cards? Maybe they are bringing a 6gb card to the series too  :p

I was just about to say people are confusing their RAM and vRAM. No game ever, requires 6GB on-card vRAM. 

I see it clearly states that, however. Still not buying it. The requirement, I mean. Look, it says 8MB of system RAM, not GB. Someone's kid is slapping the keyboard at Steam's system requirements page. 

Edit: Can't find any info disproving the 6GB thing. Now I want to know just how many cards even come with that much. One, or two. 

I see three, GTX Titan Black, R9 290X/295X2, and a one-off 280X from MSI. 

Edited by ManifestedISO

All Stop. On Screen.

But I'm digging the game so far

Me too, despite how long it takes me to remember which buttons to press, and when. 

I found this very helpful, if brief. I'm sure I'll get the hang of it, as long as I keep at it. I've never played the games that inspired this one. 

http://www.shacknews.com/article/86491/shadow-of-mordor-primer-stepping-into-the-ring

All Stop. On Screen.

Just as long as you don't spend most of your time watching. Blade Runner ? Not enough rain, fool.

Zoë got a nice ass.

AOSJdaw.png