RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS

Blarghagh

http://www.pcgamer.com/2014/09/22/sleeping-dogs-follow-up-triad-wars-is-a-pc-only-online-game/

Yay, it looks like there is a PC only expansion coming to Sleeping Dogs. I'll be getting this one for sure, I loved Sleeping Dogs. More news about this to follow

It's an online game. I already knew this was coming, but...  :x

Why don't you like this concept, is it because its online?

I wonder if that just means if it will offer multiplayer ?

Yes.

http://www.pcgamer.com/2014/09/22/sleeping-dogs-follow-up-triad-wars-is-a-pc-only-online-game/

Yay, it looks like there is a PC only expansion coming to Sleeping Dogs. I'll be getting this one for sure, I loved Sleeping Dogs. More news about this to follow

It's not an expansion, it's a new game.  I want to hope for the best, but when I read "PC only online game" my mind immediately goes to a dark place that says oh dear lord, will it be YAMMO (Yet Another MMO) or YAMOBA (Yet Another MOBA)?

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

It's an online game. I already knew this was coming, but...  :x

Why don't you like this concept, is it because its online?

I wonder if that just means if it will offer multiplayer ?

Yes.

It's not an expansion, it's a new game.  I want to hope for the best, but when I read "PC only online game" my mind immediately goes to a dark place that says oh dear lord, will it be YAMMO (Yet Another MMO) or YAMOBA (Yet Another MOBA)?

Yeah I share the concerns about  issues around games being online. But I do think it could be quite fun playing PVP using the martial arts system of Sleeping Dogs. Imagine those fighting tournaments that you can partake of in the game but this time its against other players..that would be challenging. Not sure if this online version of SD will offer that ?

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

That Grimoire trailer has to be a joke-trailer from the 'Codex.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

I want to cancel my pre-order for Disney Marvel Infinity 2.0 after reading two successive poor reviews, but there is no option for cancellation on In-Store Pick-Up at GS. A half-assed Minecraft with no variety of gameplay seems to be a compound issue for the game. At least I didn't order the mad-expensive Collector's Edition. The weird thing is that, Game Informer is part of the Game Stop network. I pre-ordered with GS, but after reading the GI review, it's curtains on my interest.

I pre-ordered it based on really enjoying the first one, and we barely touched Toy Box mode (to the point we didn't bother buying Toy Box only figures) are the playseta that bad in this one? They had widely varying gameplay in the first. Loved the Piratws and Monsters University ones

The actual gameplay is supposed to be repetitive to a fault. I'm gonna get it anyway. Better to decide for myself if it's fun ... and if not, at least I'll have some cool figures. Plus I'm hoping for a Winter Soldier playset, with Falcon, maybe Agent 13 ...

Well the reviews I've read more or less indicate a similar problem to the first set - ie most of the missions are "go here, do that". I'd imagine (and I thought this a potential miscalculation from the begining) is having the major playsets all be tied to the same game mechanics. CARS didn't play like INCREDIBLES which didn't play like PIRATES OF THE CARRIBEAN which didn't play like MONSTERS UNIVERSITY. But LONE RANGER and TOY STORY (IN SPACE) played a lot like Pirates/Incredibles in their own ways.

I'd imagine the three launch sets (only sets?) being Marvel Superheroes means the gameplay is going to be heavily like Incredibles/Toy Story/Pirates/Lone Ranger without the funkyness of CARS' racing theme or MONSTERS pranking theme. Even still both of those had a lot of "go there, do that" quests.

So far the reviews have struck me as an expansion of the existing idea than throwing more new stuff out there, and I can understand that there are some things that I think DI could have been improved on that they aren't doing and how that can be off-putting.

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

This is the risk for all investors, something many gamers were shielded from (and complained about) when huge publishers were the ones taking the risks.

No wonder the only make safe clones eh? When people are that butthurt over 20$ imagine how it must feel to potentially lose millions.

• Like 3

Fortune favors the bald.

This is the risk for all investors, something many gamers were shielded from (and complained about) when huge publishers were the ones taking the risks.

Hmm well if it were in publishers hands he would force them to release half finished game anyway...

• Like 1

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

And it's...  wait for it...

wait for it...

wait for it...

[ominous music]free-to-play.[/ominous music]

Train%20Wreck%20Two_0.gif

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Better yet, online F2P.

So basically they are going for GTA Online Honkong style. I guess it could be fun for occasional mindless rampage, but probably not exactly what Sleeping Dogs fans were hoping for...

Did you buy into that Malc? If so, Id be interested in your review.

Nope. I might get it though, I figure I'm entitled to some bad purchases so will toss the dice.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Better yet, online F2P.

So basically they are going for GTA Online Honkong style. I guess it could be fun for occasional mindless rampage, but probably not exactly what Sleeping Dogs fans were hoping for...

Well, you'll be playing rival gangs vying for control of Hong Kong, which, I imagine, will include a healthy dose of PvP, and with a microtransaction F2P model, it's not hard to imagine this becoming very much pay 2 win.

• Like 1

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

Not necessarily, F2P can be done well but the risk is always there.

It could be just extra stuff like clothing and houses that do not give any benefit against another people. Or gold ammo bought for real money like a certain F2P game :p

So, Blizzard has now officially cancelled Titan, the MMO project that was to be the successor to WoW that they never officially announced and that had been in development for 7 years.

This raises the question:  If a game that was never officially announced is officially cancelled, does a fallen tree in the woods make a sound?

Edited by Keyrock
  • Like 2

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

So, Blizzard has now officially cancelled Titan, the MMO project that was to be the successor to WoW that they never officially announced and that had been in development for 7 years.

This raises the question:  If a game that was never officially announced is officially cancelled, does a fallen tree in the woods make a sound?

I thought they unofficially cancelled it a while back. Didn't they start moving people back to WoW?

Or am I remembering the opposite?

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

I thought they unofficially cancelled it a while back. Didn't they start moving people back to WoW?

Or am I remembering the opposite?

They rebooted development, so true in a way: last year they scrapped development to date and went back to the drawing board. So despite the headline, it's really just scrapping the work since that news, so a year or so lost instead of the seven quoted.

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G