RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS

Blarghagh

Jade Empire's RPS combat was actually pretty fun and the animations were believable.

I wouldn't mind additional Wuxia RPGs - especially if they contain badly dubbed English dialogue.

Re: Europa Barbarorum 2. It's a Medieval 2 mod? That's a little disappointing.

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

Unless of course the price for the game on the PS3 is cheaper than PS4, or I could hand it over to a friend, then I don't see an overall point of why I shouldn't just buy the game for the PS4 in the first place -- instead of having an extra copy, lying around in the data cache, dying in obscurity.

Unless of course the price for the game on the PS3 is cheaper than PS4, or I could hand it over to a friend, then I don't see an overall point of why I shouldn't just buy the game for the PS4 in the first place -- instead of having an extra copy, lying around in the data cache, dying in obscurity.

If you don't have a next gen console but plan on buying one in the future.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

If you don't have a next gen console but plan on buying one in the future.

I suppose that's a fair point.

That and some people have many friends who for that or other reason don't or can't go next gen yet, and they want to play with them as well.

Of course there is also people like me ( well i'm just greedy :D)  that went next gen first but still would like it on last gen. But since i've already preloaded the game,  i can't cancel the preorder ( which can be a hassle on PSN ) and so i'm left out of this . although there are some conflicting reports about customers who went ps4 first might get ps3 version on launch day as well. Either way i am on the hype train and will spend a lot of time in this game, whether is only on ps4 or ps3 as well. :)

1.13 killed off Ja2.

that's killer UI? takes up 2/3 of the screen with all the buttons in the world? no thanks. that's the worst UI you could possibly make. funnily enough, it complements the game's design, with the side-scroller exploration and flat combat screens 

• Like 1
Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

I'm definitely a fan of the art style of the characters and backgrounds.  I'm definitely not a fan of the gargantuan UI.  Not only does it take up obscene amounts of screen space, it's a weird mishmash of stylized and minimalist (kind of weird to call something that huge "minimalist").  I kind of feel you should either go completely plain and minimalist or go all in on stylized.  Not a fan of going half and half like that.  Like Sorophox wrote, the massive UI isn't so bad here because the game side-scrolls, but it still drives me nuts because the art style on the top portion of the screen is so great and the massive UI forces everything to be smaller than it could have been.

Edited by Keyrock

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

my point was: the game itself looks terrible on a PC monitor, and the way it's designed makes the UI not look that bad in comparison. of course, it's too early to say, but what I see in the video makes me want to unsee it. 

it reminds me of Valkyrie Profile, but that game actually had platforming and a great combat system. and a better UI. and more depth. and it was a console game.

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

It looks like an ideal game to play on a tablet, which is nice.  Tablets need love too.

Is that along the old lines of the "a secretary isn't part of the office till they've been screwed on the desk?"

• Like 1

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

I got the collector's edition for the first game. It came with a batarang, which was a hunk of scratched up plastic permanently attached to a badly balanced stand that kept falling forward.

Never again.

• Like 1
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."