Druid´s healing abilities

Valeris

I dunno, bring two druids along or roll with a druid and a paladin and you'll be alright. It's probably more than possible to play without a healer at all. It's worth keeping in mind that healing, while still useful, isn't as handy as it is in other games because the more you have to heal in any one fight the more long term health you use up. Do too much healing and you'll win yourself a pyrrhic victory.

Point is, not taking a cleric is so extremely discouraging that most players will feel they are forced to have one with them all the time. Ofcourse you can make it work, sure. But it is hardly fun anymore.

I mean, in good old BG2 it was perfectly viable to play a druid yourself on "core rules" and have all the healing needs (mass cure, Heal, Regeneration, lower and medium cure wounds) covered. I don´t see that happening in Pillars of Eternity, and that´s a shame.

• Like 2

Going by how the class were presented, the real "replacement" for a Priest is the Chanter, not the Druid. It's the other class that focus on buff and debuff and they have that heal-over-time always active in combat (Ancient Memories).

Also,
Paladin has "Lay on Hands"

Fighters, Wizard, Barbarian and Monks have class feature to reduce damage taken.

Druids have a couple of healing spells.

Only the Rogue and Rangers seems to fall flat in term of self-healing.

Azarhal, Chanter and Keeper of Truth of the Obsidian Order of Eternity.

This is bitter. Hardly enough to substitute a cleric in your party, as I´ve assumed all along.

Obviously a design flaw.

If your party must have a dedicated healer to finish the game, it doesn't matter if you only have the Priest or if you can switch it for a Druid. That's a "design flaw".

Wizard also has vampiric spells.

Im wondering just how useful having a party of healers can be considering that you dont ever heal back health. At least I was wondering that until I fought the Spider Queen on Hard.

Right now its cheaper to go back to town and rest at the inn than it is buying new camping supplies, by about 100 gold if memory serves which doesnt seem like much but it adds up.

Really really dont think every class needs a sustain or healing ability then you end up like guild wars 2 were every class does everything and all of them feel underwhelming.

I want unique classes of which some can fill some roles while they absolutely cant others, it gives them character.

• Like 3

Really really dont think every class needs a sustain or healing ability then you end up like guild wars 2 were every class does everything and all of them feel underwhelming.

I want unique classes of which some can fill some roles while they absolutely cant others, it gives them character.

Well the gw2 approach could work if you do it right like making every class the master of one thing or give it a special way to deal with situations. IMO they stopped half way through the design process for whatever reason. Technicaly every class in gw2 is specialized at one thing but for whatever reason they decided to remove half of it in the release version. In the beta releases the had way more distinct class features, necro was really the king of conditions etc..