[v278] Game starts stuttering after a while

Justinian

Question

8 answers to this question

Happens in any area. Haven't used formations menu. It's not a framerate issue, but rather a single stutter every second or so constantly. Only happens after a little while playing - the game always starts out perfectly smooth.

Edited by Justinian

I think some of the dungeons have in-level 2D and 3D animations that cause bad FPS. For instance the Dyrford Ruins - I get 30-40 FPS in there, but I get 150 FPS inside the Dyrford Temple.

But yeah I would say that Area Transitions definitely cause the stuttering. It could be the game microstuttering because my frame rate is fractal when it happens, but it's very short microstuttering like 75, 87, 75, 84, 72, 87 dropping up and down in quick succession

Hello all,

Thanks for the postings. We actually are working on this issue at this time. Transitions and Save/Load both seem to increase memory usage somewhat significantly and over time will also lower FPS in turn. Closing the client once in a while and loading back into the game should help to circumvent this until the issue is resolved. 

I have added this to the known issues list and linked this thread for others to discuss if desired.

Thank you for the support!  :lol: