[v278] Disappearing talents points

IndiraLightfoot

Question

As a cipher I invested in mechanics and athletics. I levelled her up to level 5. It all worked fine in the village. I opened a chest with high mechanics and all. And I had lore for something in a dialogue and it worked fine.

But in the ruins under the stone slab in Dyrford Crossing, all of her talents stats suddenly got lowered big time: Lore 1, Athletics 5, Mechanics 4… She had like 7, 15, and 10 in these before! And it says ”(base)” after it.

*** "The words of someone who feels ever more the ent among saplings when playing CRPGs" ***

2 answers to this question

Hahaha!

The level of wrongness and stupidity in this topic is astronomical.

First off, I mean skills, not "talents".

Even worse, I just learnt that this is no bug, but rather me not being able to read the UI properly.

I watched Sensuki vs the Beatles the barbarian vid, and at 3.06, he mentions that the UI for the skill points ain't clear enough. That it's hard to see the actual skill points. That's exactly what has happened here, folks. I read those weird "10/15" etc as the real points, instead of the numbers in those circles far to the left, which are considerably lower. I didn't even pay them any attention, since they were so low, and they didn't really change (or so I thought) when I pumped up my skills.

Thanks, Sensuki, you solved a bug by proxy! :yes:

*** "The words of someone who feels ever more the ent among saplings when playing CRPGs" ***

They need a gold ring around it that lights up when the number changes or to move the number to the right side of the 10/15 number so that when you're focusing on raising the points your eyes don't miss the change.

Indicating the skills with a + would also help

so

Athletics | 10/15 | (+4)

pretending that the ascii characters are the UI

Edited by Sensuki