Quest completion bugs / vanishing items

Flow

Question

In build 278:

Bug1

--

Fresh game. Started all quests in town, did several quick saves, saved in a new slot, and loaded from that save. Ran around town starting all available quests and saving/loading a few times.

Took quickest path to ogre cave, killing minimum number of creatures. Fought and killed Ogre. Went immediately back to town and talked to Rumbald. I can see ogre head in my quest items, but Rumbald doesn't acknowledge it and quest can't be completed.

Bug2

--

Fresh game. Started all quests in town, did some quick saves, loaded from quick save. Bought two grappling hooks in town. Confirmed they persist in my main character's inventory through save loads.

Go to Crossing and head up to dragon's egg zone. Fight party guarding the egg. During the fight, my main goes down. After winning the fight, my main revives. The grappling hooks have disappeared from his inventory, and can't be used to climb the cliff.

1 answer to this question

I was able to complete the Ogre quest without any issue. I made plenty of saves, but never reloaded my game. Maybe the loading bugs aren't quite ironed out yet.

"Now to find a home for my other staff."
My Project Eternity Interview with Adam Brennecke