Cowled Dwarf affected by BB Priest's Armor of Faith

Headbomb

Question

For some reason, the Armor of Faith spell seems to affect enemies.

1) Create game

2) Do the Medreth quest until you can attack Medreth

3) Cast Armor of Faith with Priest

4) Notice enemies are boosted

Expected: No boost to enemies.

post-32092-0-56387100-1409804600_thumb.jpg

As an aside, my whole party swung everything they got on that dwarf. The fight was crazy long and those enemies were sword sponges, but that dwarf had a defense rating of 135+ and could only take him down with graze attacks. Took a good 20 minutes +. Something's off here.

Edited by Headbomb
  • Like 2

7 answers to this question

Oh wow, is that what it was?  I was playing on Path of the Damned and the dwarf had 157 deflection, but yes I cast the priest spell.  I thought it was just way overtuned since 157 meant that everyone literally could not hit him with basic attacks.  Was finally able to down him by using basically every ability I had, including the priest ability that hits him for burning damage and drops deflection by 25.

Kudos to you sir on figuring it out.

• Like 1

Haven't cast it either and while at some point, the cowled dwarf had 155 defense, after 10 minutes of futile attempts at hitting him, he was up to 165, and two of my characters were fatigued, with single digit defenses. The fight was very slow even with the other enemy characters' lower defenses...

http://abload.de/img/defenceh2ctq.jpg

[edit] changed image to link to preserve forum's width

[edit2] played at normal difficulty setting, with expert mode on, if that has any influence on this issue

Edited by samm

Citizen of a country with a racist, hypocritical majority

The Cowled Dwarf is a priest from what I understand, I saw him cast spells like stamina regen and armor of faith.

Now there are other issues with crazy DR, but it is still possible that he is responsible for his own buff too.

Azarhal, Chanter and Keeper of Truth of the Obsidian Order of Eternity.