Second impressions thread! [Build 278 version]

Tartantyco

Ogre quest still bugged for me. Beat the big fella and I can see his head in my quest items, but talking to Rumbald doesn't complete the quest.

And, yep, this was after a ton of saving/loading.

Out of curiosity, was this after starting a new game post patch? or after reloading an old pre-patch saved game and continuing it post-patch if that makes sense?

Ogre quest still bugged for me. Beat the big fella and I can see his head in my quest items, but talking to Rumbald doesn't complete the quest.

And, yep, this was after a ton of saving/loading.

Out of curiosity, was this after starting a new game post patch? or after reloading an old pre-patch saved game and continuing it post-patch if that makes sense?

Fresh game. I deleted all saves the last time I played (a few days ago).

The reason combat feels "slower" is because it is.  Armor DT is actually working now (celebration!).

Edit: It also looks like the damage types dealing less or more damage is in as well... very nice.  Crits still seem strange in the log though...

Edited by Razsius
  • Like 1

Getting completely destroyed by the Beetles on Normal. Used to have no trouble on Hard last patch.

I just fought them on Hard and everyone in my party was turned into bloody pulps. 

Combat is slow enough that I can actually use my rogue's skills now. Skills like finishing blow or whatever.

I seem to be having some new glitches with sound FX. Need to investigate further.

I just fought them on Hard and everyone in my party was turned into bloody pulps. 

Combat is slow enough that I can actually use my rogue's skills now. Skills like finishing blow or whatever.

I seem to be having some new glitches with sound FX. Need to investigate further.

Same here. Got waxed by the spiders by the ramp leading out of the Ogre cave where you find the body. Generally have no trouble with them, but this time was a full party wipe (granted I was going at it like usual without using any abilities. But once two characters went down, i was curious to see if the party cold survive. No joy).

As well, I had some sound FX issues.

This is a great improvement. Combat is slower (as it should be). I feel as if I really need to use my abilities wisely to prevail. The quest system seems to finally be working. It does seem much more difficult but I really don't know the classes well enough to fully judge it. I'm sure once I improve my tactics it will get easier. I fell with this build we can finally give some real feedback on class balance.

The reason combat feels "slower" is because it is.  Armor DT is actually working now (celebration!).

Edit: It also looks like the damage types dealing less or more damage is in as well... very nice.  Crits still seem strange in the log though...

All the damage calcs in the log seem a bit off. Posted a few examples in my bug report thread here: http://forums.obsidian.net/topic/68220-bug-combat-log-does-not-show-correct-calculations/?p=1501618

Yea taking another check and beetles were ripping me a new one.  So maybe not.  I can't tell if DT is working or not anymore.

It certainly seems to be doing something - but if you look at the log it looks like more than just DT is affecting the damage for some reason. I dunno. UI and feedback are much improved, but still have a ways to go.

Feels much better. Maybe half the bugs. I still see occasional spike dps from spider petrify, but I'm getting way more time outside of bugs to test balance this time around.

Disable pets needing to be nearby to "venture forth", or increase their pathing skills/runspeed.

Edited by leninghola

Yea taking another check and beetles were ripping me a new one.  So maybe not.  I can't tell if DT is working or not anymore.

Edit: Yea that math... lol

I just got to the beetles, and had no problem with them.

So far this is sort of feeling like a, well, a game. Quite happy with the improvements so far.

(note zero drama)

• Like 1

"Now to find a home for my other staff."
My Project Eternity Interview with Adam Brennecke

Oh, spell effects are actually coming out of the caster's hands or at least general arms / torso area now. 

One thing that seems lost, strangely, is the audio+visual cue your characters used to give when you assigned them to attack a target. Was that really meant to be removed?? 

I don't know what it was, but I can actually play the game now. I had horrible lag when I tried, but now I can actually move around the town now (I had assumed it was my laptop, which isn't exactly stellar)

I'm disappointed that the Godlike didn't get a hair update, but I guess I can wait for that. 

I got wiped by the beetles on Hard. I cast a Fireball to open and 6 beetles bumrushed my Wizard before my Fighter could even trigger engagement. Arcane Veil did not help and he was dead from DoT poison in about 4 seconds.

Things went bad from there.

Doesn't look like I'll be opening with Wizard spells anymore unless I make a wall in front of him to block pathing lol.

Edited by Sensuki

I got wiped by the beetles on Hard. I cast a Fireball to open and 6 beetles bumrushed my Wizard before my Fighter could even trigger engagement. Arcane Veil did not help and he was dead from DoT poison in about 4 seconds.

Things went bad from there.

Doesn't look like I'll be opening with Wizard spells anymore unless I make a wall in front of him to block pathing lol.

God I hear ya.  Finally checked how much poison damage is actually doing to my characters.  ~120 over 18 is just a tad..ouch.  I'm rather glad they decided not to fix the petrify bug /sarcasm (still 400% health damage... wtf?). I mean where would i be if my Barbarian wasn't being one-shotted.

Yeah, poison is doing way too much damage (or acting far too fast). I had BB Fighter go down from poison in about 3 seconds. Same withe BB Wizard. It's acting so fast there's no way you can even get any kind of protective measure deployed before the poisoned character is down.

I get hit by the beetles all the time. None of characetr usually die quickly. I lost to them once b/c I was being sloppy and trying to rush and spread my guys too far apart. Otherwise, they are challenge but easily doable. A little harder than the spider (though that crystal spider does good damage). And, the ogre is a joke. What a loser.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

What difficulty though?

There's 6 Beetles in the first encounter on Hard (which I think is actually MORE than v257 bb) and once a Wood Beetle applies poison to a character, they're done for for the encounter unless you immediately dump a cleric healing spell on them - which you can't if you've already assigned the Priest an action, because you have to wait 3-4 seconds for them to have another action due to the long recovery time.

edit: There we go, beat them. Still lost three party members due to poison though.

Also Stone Beetles teleport if you pause during their burrow ... lol! They instantly appear at their location.

Edited by Sensuki