Backer Beta Build 278 is live

BAdler

Great news!

The new first impression after "playing" half an hour ist great!

Much better feel while playing. And fighting! And Casting spells. German translations of the "magnifying spots" are still missing so far. But this is something I can wait for a later patch.

Thanks Obsidian for this nice update! And thanks for listening to the community.

Edited by lightblade75

Loading. Thanks :-)

★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ I ' M ★  ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ B L A C K S T A R   ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ 

For me i just played, things i noticed

in the char development area of the game you can level up your 6 pices of abilitys,oh no... You can click on next and do what you want then....

Once pressed on the done button after finnishing your selection.

You go back to the Char development part and re do it all again but this time all the previous additions to the char are already there and wow another 6 points to spend ?.

To the east of town theres like bugs like hell on fire cause theres too many of them..

I have tryed the appoch of going at them one on group so 1 enemy would get attacked by all party members making the game pause for every action..

I have found that even with the dialog box telling me exactly what just happend if i where to look over my char's and try and find out if they have moved or not would be next to impossible so i would just have to unpause the game till i thought they had moved then make them all make the move i wanted them to make and try and surivive and fail.

The other thing i dont really get is why you would have a char a level 3 with level 1 spells ?. I understand that level 1 spells still have a refrence point as the char still has these spells but once you have all levels spells on one char it becomes somewhat difficult to tell which spell to use when.

Do level 1 spells do as much dammage as level 3 spells ?

Do level 3 spells cancel like level one spells after use ?.

Are the bugs just ment to stop you from moving foward east of town over the bridge ? because the game isnt finnished ?.

Everything seems much quicker but still needs a little bit more speed when the game first loads up, You get the starting cursor and a black screen before the intro screen.

So i would like there to be some more information possibly to tell you if your char's have had a move done in battle once its begun.

• Fixed mixed glyph issue with dynamic fonts. This was causing text to look LiKe It wAs MiXIng SiZEs

On Known Issues List (that weren't fixed)

• Steps can be skipped in Character Creation

The first one was quite "WTF?" but awesome at the same time. :biggrin:

The second one is still a good chance for those who want to play a Ranger without animal companion.  :dancing:

Lots of fixes/improvements in that list. Good job! :yes:

BUGS:

I could pick Weapon Specialty: Soldier twice when leveling up, only one set of Soldier Weapopn bonus show in char sheet.

I couldn't pick talents from last level if I had picked something else. Intended?  :no:

Red circles under dead mobs doesn't immediately disappear, causing some confusion when pausing for swapping targets.

A.I. still bonkers with characters getting stuck in running animation in the melee frenzy. :banghead:

Pulled a pack with a fireball. The enemies hit by the ball stayed, and two wood beetles attacked instead. Whaaurt?

WEIRD:

Couldn't tell the Lord about his daughter after I had found out an Ogre had snatched her from the dyers or whomever that is in the mill-like building. :facepalm:

There are white shields laying on the ground everywhere?  :blink:

Things can be inspected by clicking on the object (i.e. around the icon), but transition points can't - you must click on the icon. Would be nice to just click on the door, staircase etc. Would also be nice to hide these icons in expert mode.

Did you remove AoE healing? Tooltip still says it's AoE, but the effect was single-target (using the BB priest). I much prefer single-target, but this was a little confusing.

RE: new shop prices. Things are still impossibly expensive. **** stuff like "fine whatever" cost more than everything then what I had selling everything I could find in the town.

GENERAL:

Combat still too chaotic and fast and confusing.  :w00t:

A.I. still weirding out.  :disguise:

Stone beetles ****ing impossible to kill even on normal/expert. They would just "glide" past all my dudes and kill the wizard no matter what I did, and then take no damage from my weapon attacks. Priest couldn't keep up the healing. Maybe do-able if you added pre-buffing like the IE games  :dancing:

I was actually typing this up as I was playing but I can't be bothered to play anymore, combat is just tedious as it is  ;(  :w00t:

Cut encounters in half and give them exp on kill.    :yes:   :biggrin:   :closed:   :alienani:

Edited by Zed

Combat is much better but still a little chaotic. And too fast.

Would be great if you could zoom in one more step.

They added a console command in this patch to set custom zoom, but I'm not even sure how to open the console right now. 

"Added SetZoomRange console command"

The usual. Tilda (~) on the keyboard opens the console.

• Like 1
IE Mod for Pillars of Eternity: link

WEIRD:

Couldn't tell the Lord about his daughter after I had found out an Ogre had snatched her from the dyers or whomever that is in the mill-like building. :facepalm:

You need to investigate this one a little more. Are you sure the Ogre was responsible? If the ogre was responsible you need to find out if she is still alive or not. Maybe you should track down the ogre...

Stone beetles ****ing impossible to kill even on normal/expert. They would just "glide" past all my dudes and kill the wizard no matter what I did, and then take no damage from my weapon attacks. Priest couldn't keep up the healing. Maybe do-able if you added pre-buffing like the IE games  :dancing:

They're far from impossible. Maybe check out the second impressions thread for some combat tips.

RE: new shop prices. Things are still impossibly expensive. **** stuff like "fine whatever" cost more than everything then what I had selling everything I could find in the town.

Go adventuring.

WEIRD:

You need to investigate this one a little more. Are you sure the Ogre was responsible? If the ogre was responsible you need to find out if she is still alive or not. Maybe you should track down the ogre...

They're far from impossible. Maybe check out the second impressions thread for some combat tips.

Go adventuring.

* I should still be able to talk to him and tell him what I've heard.

* Of course they're not impossible. But it's extremely tedious for an unrewarding trash encounter.

* Yeah I'll go adventuring so I can buy this Fine Sword with 0.1% more damage.

• Like 1

Question: Is the new build compatible with the previous save games?

Reason I ask is that on booting my saved games I just get a black screen  ;(

You're asking for trouble if you try to play on previous beta version saves.

Start a new game, and save yourself some headache. How much progress are you really worried about losing?

"Now to find a home for my other staff."
My Project Eternity Interview with Adam Brennecke

Combat is much better but still a little chaotic. And too fast.

Would be great if you could zoom in one more step.

They added a console command in this patch to set custom zoom, but I'm not even sure how to open the console right now. 

"Added SetZoomRange console command"

The usual. Tilda (~) on the keyboard opens the console.

Interesting. One step more I guess would be enough to have a better view of chars in battle... Maybe we will be able in future beta builds to zoom in a little more...

New Spell icons are very nice, hope the rest of the lvls get updated too, some vast improvements over previous version, can see the work you guys have put in, much more a playable game now.

Have a problem where all the targets are off there dolls, such as try to cast and spell on an enemy and targeting circle shows off to one side.

Wizard grimoire clips really badly on character doll.

Ranger animal companion Stag running animation is a little weird.

Question: Is the new build compatible with the previous save games?

Reason I ask is that on booting my saved games I just get a black screen  ;(

You're asking for trouble if you try to play on previous beta version saves.

Start a new game, and save yourself some headache. How much progress are you really worried about losing?

Okely dokely, thanks.

No matter how many times cats fight, there's always plenty of kittens.

Any idea on a date for the next patch?

1 to 2 weeks from the current one, or that is their plan at least.

I would put my money on closer to two weeks.

"Now to find a home for my other staff."
My Project Eternity Interview with Adam Brennecke