Characters from KOTOR1

What Characters from KOTOR do you thing will return?

Here's three we know for a fact are returning:

Raven

HK-47

T3-M4

The ones i think will return:

Carth

Zaalbar

Mission

The ones i think will not return:

Bastila

Jolee

Juhani

Canderous

I think it will depend highly on the choices you make in the beginning of KotOR II.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

That makes sense. ...And it will be a lot less irritating than trying to placate the "dark side ending" crowd altogether. Let them play the bad guys. Fine, but don't screw the rest of us in the process.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

I think it will depend highly on the choices you make in the beginning of KotOR II.

Possibly, but we do know that not all of them return. The ones who die in the DS game are the most obvious to exclude.

Personally, I think Canderous would return in one form or another. He's one of the few you never have an option to kill. ;)

"I am your man until the end, Revan"

^^Quite possibly when you meet up with Revan, you'll meet him too.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

now that I think about it, I don't think any of the jedi npcs (minus revan) survived, at least not through the war

Otherwise I have to assume they would join you in the game, or their with Revan. Since we already know of 2 jedi npcs, I can't see there being to many more. I have to assume there is at least one DS jedi that joins you this game.

now that I think about it, I don't think any of the jedi (minus revan) survived, at least not through the war

I'm betting that Revan didn't survive either. (S)he'd make a great 'force ghost.'

Would a darkside Revan have a 'force ghost?' I thought that was reserved for the light. ok, Vader was dark but his last act was to save Luke, so he earned his ghost.

Isn't there a 'force ghost' of one of the old Sith lords in the tombs on Korriban (which you can redeem)? Would suggest it's not a LS-only thing.

There is a Sith ghost on Korriban. Ajunta Pall.

I think Canderous has the best shot at showing up again. The original characters came across as devoted to Revan by the end of the game. If not, they died. Oh well. :p

There is a Sith ghost on Korriban. Ajunta Pall.

yeah, but he'd mellowed a bit when you meet him. Didn't seem like a sith at all. And for a 'ghost' he sure fell easily to my blade.

Sith have their own version.

ah, I see. That explains it.

I think Carth has by far the best chance. You get to go to his home world and all. It would be kinda weird to go there and not see him.

Yep, I really don't see the point of adding Telos without Carth, or perhaps his son.

Or maybe there's some galactic significance to it... yeah, right. :)

I don't understand why they would presuppose that the majority of characters finished as the dark side. It just doesn't make sense. I'm sure folks can come up with arguments about why they should fashion the next game upon the assumption that the dark side won, but I don't think I'll be the only person who finds the setup lacking.

I'd much rather see them institute something that allows the player to decide how the first one ended than to do a "one size fits none" approach or assume a "dark side ending" for the first game. If that happens, then you can pretty much be assured the folks who prefer playing the good guy can be just as vocal as the minority who thinks it's kewl to play "I'm greedy and rude therefore a great evil."

I think it's a big mistake to try to work things so that the new game doesn't reflect the different endings of the first game. That just reinforces the complaint that sequels always presume the good guys won in the first game. After all, in one case, it presumes a light side ending which doesn't reflect dark side choices. In the other case, it simply says that neither the dark side nor the light side choices matter.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

read somewhere that revan has gone missing and what happened to him is important to the kotor 2 story. and if sith lords have risen out of the ashes of the war, then i wouldn't be suprised if revan is using HK to assasinate these lords. i mean as a DS charcter the are chellenges to his power, as a LS character they are sith. and HK said that his assasination protocols will come back with time.

I think we can be certain that certain characters will not return.

Of all the characters in KOTOR I, you have the opportunity to kill: Bastilla, Mission, Carth, Juhani, and Jolee. I doubt that any of these characters will make cameos in KOTOR 2 as it would be difficult to determine whom you killed in the first installment of the game and then add to the story of the second accordingly.