Journal - Lost all entries

imathil

Question

After loading a saved game my journal is now blank. No quests etc. which as far as I can tell means no experience for completing those quests. When I go to the individuals who give the quests the dialogue tree indicates I have already received the quest. 

WIth all the other issues this is closer to ALPHA level software than Beta.

3 answers to this question

Someone on the boards mentioned a couple things which I tried and it seems to have worked for this issue as well as not being able to turn in completed quests:

1) Never load a save directly from the menu that pops up when you hit ESC. Instead load only from the main menu (if you hit ESC, choose 'Quit', then load from the main menu).

2) When you save and quit the game, shut down the Steam client as well.

Someone on the boards mentioned a couple things which I tried and it seems to have worked for this issue as well as not being able to turn in completed quests:

1) Never load a save directly from the menu that pops up when you hit ESC. Instead load only from the main menu (if you hit ESC, choose 'Quit', then load from the main menu).

2) When you save and quit the game, shut down the Steam client as well.

When we investigated it seemed like data was being cached that we didn't know about. We are trying to clean up as many of the save/load problems as we can for the next patch.

• Like 2