Companion Portrait Consistency

Seari

Flat, boring, generic, and lifeless.

Hope you're not talking about the art style there bro. The brush and line work is exquisite. I think he did the eyes perfectly and that really adds a lot to the character of the portrait.

I think Aloth is going to be a ... bit of an ethically questionable guy.

Edited by Sensuki
  • Like 4

Flat, boring, generic, and lifeless.

As I said, spot on, typical elf.

Yeah, he looks like an elf.  The only thing he could have done to make him more elfy was have him with one raised eyebrow and maybe tilting his head so he is literally looking down his nose.

Current companion portraits for comparison.

the right one is way more polished, I personaly like the other three more where you can see the (electronic) brush strokes.

The first one is a bit more polished than the other two as well.

the right one is way more polished, I personaly like the other three more where you can see the (electronic) brush strokes.

The first one is a bit more polished than the other two as well.

I think its fine those differences can help to show the character of the painted person. Those edged strokes make the elf look sinister which is a good contrast to the more clean look of th e paladin.

The brush stroke thing is deliberate. The IWD 1 & 2 portraits (moreso 2) had visible brush strokes

Yes I know and its a artistic decision that I personaly prefer because it gives the portraits imo a lot more character.

Kaz's portraits gives me hope that PoE will bump BG one rung further down on my favorite portrait pack ladder.

• Like 1

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

AawZxC.jpg

Kana Rua's portrait is my favourite so far - I like the atmosphere of the darker portraits. For that reason I agree with Tartantyco about Aloth's, but it *is* a work in progress - darkening the background and adding more shading to define the features will add depth. 

I really like the style and hope the character portraits will be more like these!

I didn't like the BG1 or BG2 ports personally, so I'm not that keen on these either.

Here's one I like which sort of illustrates the style I prefer:

bg2_npc_kivan_by_enkida-d4nsl9p.jpg

I've had Arnie as a character in BG2 as well...

CZYvq.png

This is sorta my thing too...

tumblr_lgqlhoLe9C1qcjodf.jpg

sonsofgygax.JPG

MC: Oh, I was pretty sure that promancers have a "what happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas"-policy on that. So, in-game, romancing, means anything goes, all stereotypes are fair game, and all feverish clicking is backed up with a carte blanche for objectifications of all kind. ;)

In short, show us the darn pic.

• Like 1

*** "The words of someone who feels ever more the ent among saplings when playing CRPGs" ***

I've got a smokin' hot Scarlet Johannsen port too, but I know the scowling SJWs on the forum detest any image that might betray the gender of the character depicted.

Ironic isn't it, that those who raged for a full year about boob plate are now calling the pro combat xp guys out.

"because they filled mommy with enough mythic power to become a demi-god" - KP

Taste is subjective, of course. I like photo-realism and find the BG1 ports (well, most of them) sort of kindergarten-ish. Some people adore them.

* shrug *

Viva la custom ports!

So are you gonna show that Scarlet lookalike portrait?

• Like 1

"because they filled mommy with enough mythic power to become a demi-god" - KP