Companion Portrait Consistency

Seari

So, what do you think about these? I like the first 2.

EDIT: But they don't have the same quality as some of the others.

I like them, esp. the first one. There's something wrong with the eyes in the third one. I'm pretty sure Kaz still has to polish those up.

edit: They seem to be more in line with the two companion portraits, awesome.

Edited by Seari
  • Like 2

Kaz will be doing a pass on all portraits for consistency.

I don't know if that was the plan all along or if you're putting her through some horrible crunch time now, but... thank you! That sounds awesome and I can't wait to see the result.

Kaz is a he! But he posted that someone else did the level one druid icons the other day so he might be getting a little more help with the 2D art than most of us forumites had assumed.

So, what do you think about these? I like the first 2.

EDIT: But they don't have the same quality as some of the others.

I like them, esp. the first one. There's something wrong with the eyes in the third one. I'm pretty sure Kaz still has to polish those up.

edit: They seem to be more in line with the two companion portraits, awesome.

Yes, I'm sure it's not the final version. But I already like them. Specially the Aumaua with the mask.

sign.jpg

If I had a gun, with two bullets, and was in a room with Hitler, bin Laden, and whoever made the BGII portraits, I would shoot whoever made the BGII portraits twice.

Yeah... this is totally reasonable. The art in BG is *far worse* than the wholesale slaughter of millions of people. Good call. Really, truly, it is nice to see I'm among such well-reasoned posters here on the forums.

It's hyperbole, don't be an idiot.

Hyperbole is exaggeration. Like saying you ran a million miles this morning. 

What Tartantyco crafted is an epigram: 'a concise, witty, memorable, and sometimes surprising or satirical statement'. No exaggeration. Could even take it further, call it an anticlimactic epigram: 'a figure of speech in which statements gradually descend in order of importance'. He went from Hitler, to bin Laden, to the artist. 

Pretty damn funny no matter what it's called.  

• Like 1

All Stop. On Screen.

For those here who are not also over on the Baldur's Gate forum (don't imagine there will be many), you may be interested to have a look at Isandir's work. He has been creating portraits for the Enhanced Editions in a style faithful to BG. In my opinion, they are outstanding.

http://isandir.com/

I will be nicer than other posters....  Some of those are pretty solid, but it is off putting seeing a portrait based clearly on a famous actor that is just a touched up photo of them.  Also while some of them are actually really good, an equal number are actually pretty bad.  Still there are some solid ones to make use of there for sure.

I agree - some of them retain too much of the photo-ness, some the eyes look a little off (perhaps because they stand out as photo-ness) but some are also pretty good.

(in fact I nabbed one to replace default-dude in my new BG playthrough - 1st time with a Paladin (if you don't count starting a paladin a few months back and the computer dying before cloakwood.))

(Prefer to make my own but the aforementioned dead computer was my render-machine.  Luckily laptop can run BG.)

• Like 3

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

*Casts Nature's Terror* :aiee: , *Casts Firebug* :fdevil: , *Casts Rot-Skulls* :skull: , *Casts Garden of Life* :luck: *Spirit-shifts to cat form* :cat:

Yes, I'm sure it's not the final version. But I already like them. Specially the Aumaua with the mask.

Yeah that one is really badass. Considering playing an aumaua for my first playthrough. :)

Hey I just realized. Your portrait is Henry Cavill.

• Like 1

I really like the new Aloth portrait.

Portrait_aloth.jpg?version=23d46ba85195c

He has like this really bored look, like he could erase you from existence with a flick of a finger.

It might just be Kaz's best one yet.

You really want to punch this guy on sight, spot on, 100% elvish.

• Like 2

I really like the new Aloth portrait.

Portrait_aloth.jpg?version=23d46ba85195c

He has like this really bored look, like he could erase you from existence with a flick of a finger.

Flat, boring, generic, and lifeless.

"You're a fool if you believe I would trust your benevolence. Step aside and you and your lackeys will be unhurt."

Baldur's Gate portraits for Pillars of Eternity   IXI   Icewind Dale portraits for Pillars of Eternity   IXI   Icewind Dale 2 portraits for Pillars of Eternity

[slap Aloth]