Pallegina's voice acting

Hormalakh

The narrator, and anything else you sneaky people can find, is also temporary. 

Does Sensuki get experience for his successful sneaking attempt? :p

I don't think the quest has been completed yet but when it is he will... :no:

Whoa whoa guys, tap the brakes. Nobody told Sensuki to look for those audio files, so as we all know, its as worthless as fighting beatles. :p

• Like 4

"The real offender with that game was the Real Money Auction house and I don't recall anyone raising a storm about it until after release."

What? You couldn't be farther from the truth. Then I guess you have no idea about the shock wave and the great schism that arised on the Diablo 3 forums about that.

"It is Diablo, you didn't need to hack anything to know the storyline would suck and the itemization would be bad"

Here you have it folks, no comment. Another "gamer" that thinks that Diablo is just about hacking pixels that form monsters.

Do me a favor and educate yourself: 

• Like 1

After my realization that White March has the same XP reward problem, I don't even have the drive to launch game anymore because I hated so much reaching Twin Elms with a level cap in vanilla PoE that I don't wish to relive that experience.

Grotesque: I like Diablo, it's a darn good ARPG, so you have my fullest support, this goes even for its latest reiteration, but Karkarov meant "hack" as in "hacking computers".

I undrestood very well what he said. I used the same term but with another connotation.

In other words he says that Diablo 3 being a game in the Diablo franchise, is to be expected that story and items (bwhahaha) would be bad.

After my realization that White March has the same XP reward problem, I don't even have the drive to launch game anymore because I hated so much reaching Twin Elms with a level cap in vanilla PoE that I don't wish to relive that experience.

Heh, well the story in D3 is mediocre at best. Bombastic and quasi-religious + some heaven-and-hell hogwash. It's tolerable. I very much preferred the story and atmosphere, although of course revolving around the same theme, in D1, and also a bit D2. As for itemization, RoS was a huge improvement over vanilla D3, speaking legendaries. Furthermore, overall, the clarity of items and their function is pretty much top-notch, also artwise in D3. They excel at that. :)

Edited by IndiraLightfoot
  • Like 2

*** "The words of someone who feels ever more the ent among saplings when playing CRPGs" ***

Didn't they already say that the current voice work is only temporary?

Yes they did, praise Zeus!

All of the VO in the backer beta is placeholder.

Stephanie Dowling, one of our animators, did the female PC set and Pallegina for testing purposes.

And /thread.

This thread is getting borderline stalkerish. Who goes to all the trouble of breaking open a beta build to look at voice packs?

I don't even know WHY there is angst over the voices in Project Eterrnity. Obsidian had said almost from the start that voice acting was expensive and that the majority of the game wouldn't have voice acting. People are getting bent out of shape over this stuff? Who cares???

And then there's this bizarre discussion about Cadegund being cut. There hasn't even been any background info about Cadegund. There's ONE concept art. How can people be upset about a character being cut that people barely know anything about???

These are not dealbreakers.

Edited by rf5111918

Man, and here I thought I might just have a chance at being a voice actor for PoE. I was going to work for cheap too -- pizza, soda and snacks.

Now that you guys are apparently holding out for "quality voice actors", it sounds like I'm out of a job (that I never had)

• Like 1

"Now to find a home for my other staff."
My Project Eternity Interview with Adam Brennecke

All of the VO in the backer beta is placeholder.

Stephanie Dowling, one of our animators, did the female PC set and Pallegina for testing purposes.

And /thread.

This thread is getting borderline stalkerish. Who goes to all the trouble of breaking open a beta build to look at voice packs?

I don't even know WHY there is angst over the voices in Project Eterrnity. Obsidian had said almost from the start that voice acting was expensive and that the majority of the game wouldn't have voice acting. People are getting bent out of shape over this stuff? Who cares???

And then there's this bizarre discussion about Cadegund being cut. There hasn't even been any background info about Cadegund. There's ONE concept art. How can people be upset about a character being cut that people barely know anything about???

These are not dealbreakers.

"borderline"?

• Like 2

Why is this thread still going? It's placeholder audio, end of story. There is no point in complaining any further. Geez....

I don't think people are really complaining at this point. It's mostly about making off topic and/or humorous posts. Why is the thread still going? Because we are sad and pathetic people, is what I think!

I undrestood very well what he said. I used the same term but with another connotation.

In other words he says that Diablo 3 being a game in the Diablo franchise, is to be expected that story and items (bwhahaha) would be bad.

Well two things. 

1: The story of Diablo 3 is bad.  I literally predicted the whole plot within 10 minutes of meeting uh... whats her name again?  She is so forgettable and cliche I forgot.  You know.... Leah... yeah her.  I am not even joking, my first sessions were multiplayer and I called the whole plot basically with 100% accuracy by the time we found the "stranger" in the church.  The plot is a giant joke.  Also please, Diablo 1's story is totally forgettable and extremely basic.

2: I didn't say items.  I said "Itemization".  That is something Blizzard consistently botches over and over in all their item based games.  They finally nailed it in WoW.... of course they only got it down after removing 90% of the stats from the game but hey, thems the breaks.

Seriously though, you have no idea how little respect I have for the story of Diablo 3.  When playing it online with friends when we voice chat I insist on speaking in a Deckard Cain accent, start almost every line with "Sit and stay awhile" or "It is I!  Deckard Cain!"  and talk over the cut scenes implying that our quest is actually to find the petrified gonads of Diablo and use them to prevent Belial from letting his uncontrollable IBS fart all over the world.

You may think I am joking, but no, I am really not.  Well I am... because doing that while playing the game is a joke.... but I actually do that.... uh you get the point.

Edited by Karkarov

Why is this thread still going? It's placeholder audio, end of story. There is no point in complaining any further. Geez....

having a point and/or a rationale is hardly a prerequisite to bemoan, deride and complain 'bout flaws (real or imagined) of game development. also, please note the links to threads and posters from rpgcodex. you do not go to or get fair and open-minded from rpgcodex. "polarized" would be the least offensive o' the multitude o' appropriate descriptors we would use to illuminate codexian eccentricities. 

*sigh*

this will not be the most ridiculous PoE thread we see in the coming months. 

HA! Good Fun!

• Like 1

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)