Pallegina's voice acting

Hormalakh

Sensuki was able to get the voice acting for pallegina off the files in the beta and uploaded them here: http://www.upload.ee/files/4240874/AudioClip.rar.html

I just want to voice my concern for the voice acting done here: this is really shoddy work and not voice "acting" at all. there is no emotion or heart put into the voice acting AT ALL. If Obsidian paid somebody for this work, they should get their money back.

It's flat, emotionless, and monotonous. Her rapid-fire approach to reading the lines makes it obvious that it's not speech but pre-written scripts read from a page (and poorly at that too! - She says "will power" instead of "willpower" as if they're two separate words in one example.)

look if you aren't going to get quality voice actors, then don't even bother with the VA. We'll have mods fix it (sigh...)

Thoroughly unimpressed and disappointed.

Edited by Hormalakh
  • Like 2

My blog is where I'm keeping a record of all of my suggestions and bug mentions.

http://hormalakh.blogspot.com/  UPDATED 9/26/2014

My DXdiag:

http://hormalakh.blogspot.com/2014/08/beta-begins-v257.html

I'm at work right now, how bad is it?

Anyways, I'd prefer no voice acting for NPCs. I read the lines faster than the snippets given and it is distracting to hear someone saying what I just read. Not to mention a lot of the VA in BGT gave me a headache.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

It's bad dude. Really bad. No dramatic pauses, rapid-fire reading, no emotion (anguish, disappointment, anger, despair, fear, etc) i nher reading of the lines. Just .... a little girl reading a bunch of lines.

Edited by Hormalakh

My blog is where I'm keeping a record of all of my suggestions and bug mentions.

http://hormalakh.blogspot.com/  UPDATED 9/26/2014

My DXdiag:

http://hormalakh.blogspot.com/2014/08/beta-begins-v257.html

Well **** me rigid, looks like I'm ignoring Pallegina then.

• Like 1

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

I also think it might be placeholder, so I don't know if it was worth creating a thread here about.

For the record it's the same girl that did the IGN Preview with Josh back in July - Meghan Sullivan

They probably haven't recorded the final VO yet.

Edited by Sensuki
  • Like 7

For the record it's the same girl that did the IGN Preview with Josh back in July - Meghan Sullivan

untitled-129u2uwq.gif

Et tu, Obsidian? It can't be that expensive to get proper voice actors. Heck, inXile got Duke Nukem to voice General Vargas, and he has a hell of a lot more lines too.

• Like 1

A placeholder voice set. Theoretically this voice set is probably being used for testing the VO implementation. Since it includes a full list of barks, they could use it to test whether each bark is being played correctly at each instance - such as "Inventory full - and then the VO bark for that plays"

The naming convention of the files are also companion_cv_..... which could be cv as in resumé *shrug*

That said that's just a theory. We also have a non-voice actor doing a temp companion in the prologue so who knows.

Edited by Sensuki
  • Like 2

untitled-129u2uwq.gif

Et tu, Obsidian? It can't be that expensive to get proper voice actors. Heck, inXile got Duke Nukem to voice General Vargas, and he has a hell of a lot more lines too.

Not that I disagree with you at all but this already happened in Old World Blues where a reporter (I think it was?) for some site did some voiceacting for the light switches and I believe the stealth armor.

But yeah, hoping that it's placeholder as well. I also think it kinda sounds as if the character herself might not be one to really showcase emotion a lot. But even so, the acting isn't good.

Listen to my home-made recordings (some original songs, some not): http://www.youtube.c...low=grid&view=0

The live music seems to be in the pipeline, so perhaps VO is as well these last months? A placeholder VO like described by Sensuki would make sense. That gaming journalist got to visit their office, and then, a bit of you-scratch-my-back-and-you scratch-yours-yadda, yadda resulted in her firing off a few rapid lines from a couple of script sheets.

*** "The words of someone who feels ever more the ent among saplings when playing CRPGs" ***

untitled-129u2uwq.gif

She is proper voice actor (meaning that she claims that to be her profession)

Edited by Elerond

To be honest, listening to just voice-samples/barks from other, earlier RPGs (including some from IE) with no context (and some even WITH context), kinda makes me want to kill myself, so...

Edited by Starwars

Listen to my home-made recordings (some original songs, some not): http://www.youtube.c...low=grid&view=0

Everyone here is missing the point... I expected her to sound hot!

And Black :p

To be honest, listening to just voice-samples/barks from other, earlier RPGs (including some from IE) with no context (and some even WITH context), kinda makes me want to kill myself, so...

A lot of the IE VO was really good though.

Edited by Sensuki
  • Like 2

btw

Untitle111d.jpg

Oh god, this means PoE2 could have Pallegina as a romance. Keep the South African busy with SJW **** so he stays away from this.

• Like 1

Alright. I had a listen. Not everything was bad in itself. Well, "Keep fighting" was atrocious...

However, it doesn't fit a paladin of an astute order with a codex to follow. She sounds like a gaming journalist. I expected something like this:

Eowyn in LotR, for instance. No pressure! :biggrin:

• Like 1

*** "The words of someone who feels ever more the ent among saplings when playing CRPGs" ***