NFL 2014 Season

Nepenthe

Speaking of conspiracy theories, here is a beaut: http://www.thenation.com/blog/196697/conspiracy-theory-surrounding-seahawks-last-play#

Why is it so hard to accept that the Seahawks did everything they could and just had a bad outcome? In the real world doing everything that can do done and doing it correctly only sets you up for success, it does not guarantee it.

• Like 1

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Speaking of conspiracy theories, here is a beaut: http://www.thenation.com/blog/196697/conspiracy-theory-surrounding-seahawks-last-play#

Why is it so hard to accept that the Seahawks did everything they could and just had a bad outcome? In the real world doing everything that can do done and doing it correctly only sets you up for success, it does not guarantee it.

But then you couldn't use the results of the game to build narratives like "they wanted it more" or "this validates Brady as teh best evar"!  The sports-media world would collapse!

• Like 1

Well at least it was a fun game all the way to the end. I'll bet many non-partisan fans enjoyed it; much more than last year's romp.

I still think the Hawks need to work on improving their O-line; that will improve every aspect of their offense, and help them out when they are in the next goal line drive situation.

"It has just been discovered that research causes cancer in rats."

• 2 weeks later...

As team moves go that really isn't a big one. It's been a few years since I made the trip but I seem to remember San Diego to LA is about 40 minutes if the traffic is good.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

True, but San Diego is a county first, and a city second, weirdly self-regarded as culturally distinct from Southern California, especially Los Angeles. If the Chargers move to LA, it'll be a short drive by car, but a trail of tears for fans. The mayor cares about the expense of a public bond required for the new stadium, not the esoteric image of a shiny new venue, or what that could mean for the spirit of the county. Driving home today, they played the mayor's comments on the radio, every car I saw with a Bolt sticker plodded along in the number-three lane as though the world was ending. 

All Stop. On Screen.

New stadium in San Diego ... psshh ... hahahaha, says the mayor. Bolts management finally told the city to go big or go home, Mayor Faulconer replies, I don't like your attitude. 

Los Angeles Chargers, 2016, all but certain. 

The Rams are going to beat them to it. 

Now I don't know what's going on. The mayor's office blames the Chargers' special counsel, and vice versa ... black and silver is white and gold, such confusion, much hurt, so lonely in the AFC West. 

I guess if a stadium is built in Carson, I could keep going up the 405 to the Getty, my all-time favorite place. 

All Stop. On Screen.

Maybe it's my (ir?)rational dislike of LA, but I'd prefer if all teams stayed where they currently are in regards to it...

Edited by Bartimaeus

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

Carson is a contested toxic waste dump. This whole shared-stadium thing is a sham. The Rams will come back to Inglewood, Raiders will stay put, Chargers, too. The ghost of Dan Fouts just told me everything.  

am recalling a game against the raiders back in the mid 80s in which dan fouts were sacked ~six times and were eventual removed from the game.  perhaps such games is the reason that in spite o' the fact that mr. fouts is still living and breathing, his disembodied spirit is able to reach out and make contact with you. maybe after the aforementioned game, some portion o' mr. fouts' soul were knocked loose and never made it back to his body.

HA! Good Fun!

• Like 2

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)