NFL 2014 Season

Nepenthe

Geez, all I wanted was a t-shirt ... a fun, new team logo to celebrate five consecutive. God forbid the mule train from Pakistan must have broke down, the official online NFL shop never seems to have good designs stocked in normal sizes. I thought maybe it was just my team, but no, others don't have richard, either (yeah, that's right, I checked America's Team). Even the groovy navy flip-flops I wanted are gone in my size, too, cripes. The shirt I did get, was only available in one size, my Medium, but the listing vanished the next day, so, great, I'm probably getting somebody else's return item--too small to fit his man-boobs inside, forced in desperation to buy a smaller size, thanks to the goddamn broken-down mule train. I would just like to thank the men and women of America's armed forces for giving me the freedom to complain about this ... god bless you. Tell you what, though, the Chargers have the best team colors ever ... navy, white, gold, powder blue. Got a new window sticker, at least. Welcome to town, Kansas City ... ZAP BZZZT  

AH, the travails of a bandwagon-jumper! ;)

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

No, I got on the wagon when Junior was still himself. 

Edit: er, now I see the emoti-wink ... jeez, I'm all Mr. Serious Pants today ... must have been the "burrito" from Jack In The Box I ate, all of. 

Edited by ManifestedISO
  • Like 1

All Stop. On Screen.

Percy Harvin just got traded to the Jets for a draft pick.  He's talented, in theory, but he's done a bunch of nothing for the C-Hox this year.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

How the heck did the Saints lose that game?  They were up 10 with the ball in the 4th when I stopped watching that game, figuring it was over.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

"He's talented, in theory, but he's done a bunch of nothing for the C-Hox this year."

Perhaps they should worry about their D and not their WR. It was a dumb trade by them.

Also, the Giants Offensive Coordinator is an overrated dummy.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

How the heck did the Saints lose that game?  They were up 10 with the ball in the 4th when I stopped watching that game, figuring it was over.

A couple of stupid penalties/bad calls on crucial downs on both the D and the O in the fourth quarter (borderline roughing the passer, bogus blindside block and borderline PI, which was the game clincher), a favre-esque interception from Breesus, the insane Detroit D-line destroying any chance of a run game and thus clock management, a 73 yard TD from Tate (and it was all on him) aand our only starter caliber CB being sidelined towards the end?

There's some bad juju in Nawlins right now, this one was a perfect storm of things going wrong, which is really tragic since for the first three quarters I was seeing the team I've been expecting to see all year...

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Giants need to fire their overrated trash of an offensive co-ordinator. He's way too stubborn and in extreme love with 1 or 2 yard runs. LMAO This is the second game in a row, IIRC, where the Giants had 3 runs of less than 3 yards in a row. That's stupid. He even wasted precious minutes in the fourth quarter with stupid runs - despite a QB and a pass protection that was getting the job. Eli Manning has a near 3 to 1 TD-INT rating and his best QBR ever yet the team is under .500. That's disgraceful.

Poor coaching,  hit or miss D, overrated running, and sloppy play. Boo!

That's not to take away from Dallas as they are a great team playing well as are Philly who are doing well in spite of their QB's miscues (basically totally opposite of the Giants).

3-4. Still better than last season and we are still in but we got to get crackin'.

The Cowboys inability to generate almost any pressure on Eli is what worried me the most about last night's win, though I'm sure the G-Men spent the week working on that after the shellacking they took at the hands of the Iggles the week previous.  On the positive side, I continue to be very happy about the Cowboys ability to close out games.  In the past few years they've had many games where they were up by a TD or less late and had the ball, only needing to get a few first downs and/or get into FG range to seal the game, and they failed more often than not, going 3 & out and inevitably giving up the winning score.  This year, they're getting it done.

In the hilariously awesome fake out category, here's the Rams faking everybody, including the cameraman, out on a punt return yesterday:

lolrams.0.gif

• Like 1

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

• Like 1

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

Giants need to fire their overrated trash of an offensive co-ordinator. He's way too stubborn and in extreme love with 1 or 2 yard runs. LMAO This is the second game in a row, IIRC, where the Giants had 3 runs of less than 3 yards in a row. That's stupid. He even wasted precious minutes in the fourth quarter with stupid runs - despite a QB and a pass protection that was getting the job. Eli Manning has a near 3 to 1 TD-INT rating and his best QBR ever yet the team is under .500. That's disgraceful.

Poor coaching,  hit or miss D, overrated running, and sloppy play. Boo!

That's not to take away from Dallas as they are a great team playing well as are Philly who are doing well in spite of their QB's miscues (basically totally opposite of the Giants).

3-4. Still better than last season and we are still in but we got to get crackin'.

Eh.  Playcalling isn't the problem-- the Giants don't have the personnel right now.  They were in a pretty sorry state after last season (that team was much worse than its 7-9 record would indicate), and made some smart moves to improve the club, but the chances of making the whole turnaround in one season were always slim.  And, with Schwartz, Cruz, and Jennings hurt, the offense just doesn't have the players it needs for consistent success against better-than-awful competition. 

That said, if Donnell doesn't lose those 2 fumbles, that game comes right down to the wire.  And the defense actually did better than I expected, given the limited minutes for Beason and Rodgers-Cromartie and the fact that their #3 and #4 CBs are both out for the season. 

"Eh.  Playcalling isn't the problem-"

No. When you constantly do run plays while getting only 2-3 yards per run, that's epic fail. They've chickened out and ran the ball at 3rd down and long. DUMB.

*cries*

Unrelated, and I don't know which one, obviously, but I think they showed Shady's building in a panorama shot from Mile-High, just now. 

It's quite possible as I live one block over

Getting home was pain last night

Free games updated 3/4/21

"Eh.  Playcalling isn't the problem-"

No. When you constantly do run plays while getting only 2-3 yards per run, that's epic fail. They've chickened out and ran the ball at 3rd down and long. DUMB.

Well, I'd also say that's a personnel issue too. The Cowboys defense gives up like 5.1 yards per carry. That's the of the worst in the league. Something has to be wrong if you can't take advantage of that.

So, hiring a defensive minded head coach did not help the Buc's defensive capabilities.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell