NFL 2014 Season

Nepenthe

... Jimmy Graham took a hit to the shoulder, went out for x-rays and never came back...

Johnny-Depp-panics.gif

p.s. Another "just barely" win, and I think Goodwin and Keenan Lewis were also out by the end of the game. Good time for a bye week, if this'd kept going, Austin Johnson would've been the only healthy starter. :p

Edited by Nepenthe
  • Like 1

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

An undrafted rookie gets almost 200 yards in offense, including two touchdowns, Branden Oliver. Guaranteed Chargers Facebook nuts are photoshopping the Guardians of the Galaxy "Who?!" meme ... they look exactly the same. Oliver keeps attributing his success to someone named Godd ... not sure who that is, probably an agent. 

All Stop. On Screen.

The good news:  DeMarco Murray is currently on pace to rush for 2144 yards this season.

The bad news:  He's also on pace to have 13 fumbles this season.

If his body doesn't shatter into a billion pieces at some point, and that's a big if, I highly doubt he'll actually rush for 2000 yards, but I could see him getting around 1800 rushing yards, which is still a monster season.  Hopefully, he figures out how to hold on to the ball and doesn't actually wind up with double digit fumbles by season's end.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Stupid Rams and Texans.  Teasing me by coming close to handing Dallas and Philly the losses they so richly deserve, but wilting in the closing moments.

Ah well, at least the Giants took care of business.  And, hey, that guy they drafted 12th overall (WR Odell Beckham Jr.) can play!  After missing, well, everything so far in his NFL career with a bad hamstring, I was afraid that the lack of practice time would make his rookie year a wash. 

• Like 1

Stupid Rams and Texans.  Teasing me by coming close to handing Dallas and Philly the losses they so richly deserve, but wilting in the closing moments.

Ah well, at least the Giants took care of business.  And, hey, that guy they drafted 12th overall (WR Odell Beckham Jr.) can play!  After missing, well, everything so far in his NFL career with a bad hamstring, I was afraid that the lack of practice time would make his rookie year a wash. 

I'll have to check that one out, Beckham was supposed to be a really hot prospect. AFAIK he was the only one the Saints really "courted" pre-draft, but it was a long shot he would fall even to the trade up territory where they got a similar-ish guy in Cooks...

I'll have to check that one out, Beckham was supposed to be a really hot prospect. AFAIK he was the only one the Saints really "courted" pre-draft, but it was a long shot he would fall even to the trade up territory where they got a similar-ish guy in Cooks...

beckham.0.gif

The CB was flagged for holding Beckham earlier in the route.  He had 3 other catches, drew one sizeable pass-interference penalty, and got wide open on a deep ball that Manning threw out-of-bounds.  (Eli later said that he was trying to throw the ball away, and that he didn't see Beckham coming open until he was about to release the ball.  They haven't had a whole lot of practice time together.) 

• Like 1

I've become convinced that 49ers fans are the worst in American pro sports. Always this type of crap happening.

http://youtu.be/f4lNez7NV1w

Two men have been arrested for felony assault following an attack in a Levi's Stadium restroom just prior to kickoff Sunday of the Chiefs-49ers game, Santa Clara authorities told ABC7News.com.

A YouTube video of the incident showed punches being thrown in a crowded restroom and at least one man hitting the back of his head on the cement floor. According to ABC7News.com, two male victims were taken to the hospital and one of the victims has severe head injuries.

This is the second reported assault at Levi's Stadium since it opened last month.

"We've had two incidents at the stadium," said Lt. Kurt Clarke told ABC7News.com in a phone interview. "One being a domestic violence assault, and now coupled with this assault right now, so we've had two assaults, slightly different as far as charges, but assaults they are."

Meanwhile, the team issued the following statement: "The 49ers are aware of the incident and have been in close contact with Santa Clara police to assist in any way possible on the matter."

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/24740480/2-men-arrested-after-brutal-bathroom-assault-at-levis-stadium

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

Lefered is a tool. This has nothing to do with them being 49 fans. It has to do with them being douchebags.

P.S. And, men. :D

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Nope. I'm grouping all 49ers fans. I'm convinced this is representative of the entire fan population.

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

It's more surprising that they can afford tickets to the new stadium. That place is pricey. Maybe it's just keeping out all the honest folks.

Everything about the place seems to be asinine. The architecture is assymetrical to a fault, causing unbalanced decibel levels thereby stymying whatever home field advantage the home crowd can muster. Then there's the absurd bag policy limiting to 4"x6" purses and or clear, transparent bags. They have an exclusive club -alienating the merely well off as opposed to the insanely rich. The parking and traffic situation is a mess. Then you have to deal with these thuggish drunken morons, who've grown worst since the San Francisco have became relevant again.

All of which is lending credence that 49ers fans are becoming the worst in professional american sports. Mix of the worst of of both worlds: you get the wine sipping fair weather -to be seen crowd, mixed with the gutter trash that's routinely getting into violent beatings and shootings.

Then there's our team:

1) The head coach is apparently losing control of his locker room.

2) Front Office staff are hypocrites in the handling/non handling of player misconduct off the field.

3) The QB is becoming insufferable with his arrogant antics coupled with mediocre performance.

Edited by Leferd

Then there's the absurd bag policy limiting to 4"x6" purses and or clear, transparent bags.

I was under the impression that was league-wide, though.

Crooked reason number 91. Just crooked.

Goodell, Jed York, Front Office. Harbaugh apparantly advocated for a suspension but was overruled.

Then there's the absurd bag policy limiting to 4"x6" purses and or clear, transparent bags.

I was under the impression that was league-wide, though.

Haven't been to a football game in years, but I can bring coolers and tote bags to baseball games.

Some of the draconian policies are pretty absurd. No bottled water??

Yeah... the road to 8-8 is over this year, I think. This Cowboy O-line is too good for that to happen to this team. The 07 Cowboy O-line was good, but I wouldn't put them on the same level as this O-line.

And I don't know what the **** Seattle is doing. They are aware of what happened to this team last week right? Run the football.

Holy **** Cowboys!  Wow they were great today and even overcame a bunch of special teams derp.

It would be really hilarious (in a very painful way for me) if they still managed to go 8-8 after starting 5-1.  :lol:

Edited by Keyrock

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

cuttyref.gif

It works on so many levels.

The official did him a favor.  Forte would've been tackled short of the goal line had he caught the ball, and the half would've expired. The incompletion stopped the clock and allowed a FG attempt. 

Damn Giants. Get a better o line and stop depending on your run so friggin' much.

1st half eli was 6/8 (with 5 sacks against) and they had run the ball like 16 times. Screw that stupidity!

Eagles are 5-1 when they have a subpar QB. Damn it. Need to find a way to beat a hot Dallas team next week. <>

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Geez, all I wanted was a t-shirt ... a fun, new team logo to celebrate five consecutive. God forbid the mule train from Pakistan must have broke down, the official online NFL shop never seems to have good designs stocked in normal sizes. I thought maybe it was just my team, but no, others don't have richard, either (yeah, that's right, I checked America's Team). Even the groovy navy flip-flops I wanted are gone in my size, too, cripes. The shirt I did get, was only available in one size, my Medium, but the listing vanished the next day, so, great, I'm probably getting somebody else's return item--too small to fit his man-boobs inside, forced in desperation to buy a smaller size, thanks to the goddamn broken-down mule train. I would just like to thank the men and women of America's armed forces for giving me the freedom to complain about this ... god bless you. Tell you what, though, the Chargers have the best team colors ever ... navy, white, gold, powder blue. Got a new window sticker, at least. Welcome to town, Kansas City ... ZAP BZZZT  

All Stop. On Screen.