From beta to final game

Messier-31

Ok, so I am amongst those people who didn't pledge enough for a beta access, but I've been reading, watching and generally tracking the stuff you guys placed here and on YouTube. Because of that I came up with some questions about the link between backer beta and the final release. There might be answeres to them, and maybe some of you will find this appropriate to share a thought. So, without any further ado:

1. Backer beta is composed of a handfull of areas, NPC's and quests, with the latter being not main story oriented (to avoid spoilers) as devs stated some time ago. Will all those areas be in the final game? Will all those side quests be in the final game? If so, will there be any changes to them?
  2. As someone mentioned, backer beta takes about ~6 GB of space on your HDD. How huge will be the final disk-space of the entire game?
  3. There seems to be some issues with a well hidden font file called uncl.ttf that makes the beta crash during startup. Apparently force-deleting the file as administrator allows you to actually start a new game. This thing is caused by some Unity flaw, and isn't the developers fault. Upon release, will some of us will be forced to smite that font with our righteous fury?
Edited by Messier-31

It would be of small avail to talk of magic in the air...

The areas will be in the final game.

The full game will be pretty large IMO. The area files themselves take up 1GB of space, so times that by 10 or 11 and you get about 10GB for the area art files. I would estimate between 15-20 GB for the final game.

Not sure about #3.

Concerning 3, that seems like a load of hogwash. You can already create games, you don't need to delete any secret file to do that, and you don't get crashes when creating games. The idea that a unix font file impedes the ability to create a game on non-unix platform (like Windows) seems rather far fetched in the first place.

I did not know where to put this, so I decided to do so again my own thread.

SOUND! When equiping items you can hear a simple sound, the same sound for every single thing. BG had different metallic sounds while equiping/unequiping swords, axes, armor, and a lot of other sounds for leather jackets, necklaces, rings, quick inventory stuff, damn, almost everything. Is this one-for-all sound staying or just being a placeholder until final game?

It would be of small avail to talk of magic in the air...

SOUND! When equiping items you can hear a simple sound, the same sound for every single thing. BG had different metallic sounds while equiping/unequiping swords, axes, armor, and a lot of other sounds for leather jackets, necklaces, rings, quick inventory stuff, damn, almost everything. Is this one-for-all sound staying or just being a placeholder until final game?

http://forums.obsidian.net/topic/67489-the-general-suggestions-thread/

Likely just a placeholder. There are tones of them in the beta for items. I see no reason why it isn't the same for sound effects as well.

Likely just a placeholder. There are tones of them in the beta for items. I see no reason why it isn't the same for sound effects as well.

Yeah, I wonder if the Beta itself is not a placeholder and if Obsidian have anything actually finished.

no no, sharp_one. this beta is "feature and content complete!" :getlost:

My blog is where I'm keeping a record of all of my suggestions and bug mentions.

http://hormalakh.blogspot.com/  UPDATED 9/26/2014

My DXdiag:

http://hormalakh.blogspot.com/2014/08/beta-begins-v257.html

Yeah, I wonder if the Beta itself is not a placeholder and if Obsidian have anything actually finished.

no no, sharp_one. this beta is "feature and content complete!" :getlost:

It isn't if you believe what Obsidian tell in their updates