perception

redneckdevil

Does perception dictate hidden items or caches u find? Like when u go into a room or out in the wilderness, finding a rock that can be overturned or hidden compartment in a desk be determined by perception? Or noticing when an ambush is about to take place?

If not would this make the stat more useful added on to what else it does?

There's no doubt that the stat would be valued much higher if it worked in that regard if it potentially means that you might miss out on some of the better items in the game for not having "x" perception.

Which brings me to my next point....not sure I like the idea of a stat that works in that nature.....getting different rewards for choices in quests/killing is a bit different than just walking past a rock and missing out because you didn't have "x" perception. Atleast in my opinion it is.

There's supposed to be a hidden staff at the Inn - so far I've had perception up to about 14 and not found it so maybe it doesn't work that way - it seems like it should tho

Nomadic Wayfarer of the Obsidian Order

Not all those that wander are lost...

There's supposed to be a hidden staff at the Inn - so far I've had perception up to about 14 and not found it so maybe it doesn't work that way - it seems like it should tho

Enter scouting mode. That's combined stealth/search.

• Like 1

I have a project. It's a tabletop RPG. It's free. It's a work in progress. Find it here: www.brikoleur.com

There's no doubt that the stat would be valued much higher if it worked in that regard if it potentially means that you might miss out on some of the better items in the game for not having "x" perception.

Which brings me to my next point....not sure I like the idea of a stat that works in that nature.....getting different rewards for choices in quests/killing is a bit different than just walking past a rock and missing out because you didn't have "x" perception. Atleast in my opinion it is.

Mmmm what if it let u see things u wouldnt normally see to complete quests outside of dialogue? Find a hidden book in a secfet department in a desk and so forth. Maybe certain quests seem to go one way as this is whats "right" but every once in awhile this would find something that throws a wrench in the norm?

also i wouldnt mind if it allowed to find things u normally wouldnt have. Itd be a trade off, do u wanna max out perception and find everything hidden in the game, ok what do u scarfice for it? Might, con, int?

Might-dmg

Con-health

Int-duration

Agi-deg and crit

Resolve-chatty stat

perception-findy stat