What are you playing now?

Blarghagh

I don't know if it means anything, but the ascendant shards and ascendant energy tokens are now listed as "legendary" (purple) in Destiny.  Previously they were simply blue currency.

Speaking of which, those things are a hassle to collect.  I need them to upgrade my armor and guns, but it takes forever to actually earn them.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Guest Slinky

Finished Broken Sword 2. Gameplay wise pretty much equal to the first one but the story wasn't as good, they got much more out from the templars than they did from south american mythology. Which is a shame as that's a theme you rarely see in games.

Not going to continue to BS3 yet, giving adventure games a rest for now.

Edited by Slinky

In addition to Wasteland 2, I started playing Borderlands 2.  I'll be honest, I'm not getting what all the hoopla was about.  It seems pretty mediocre to me.  Maybe it gets better later?

Edited by Keyrock

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

I thought Borderlands 1 was already super boring. Never felt any motivation to just look at the second game.

/Edit: Noticed that train simulator got upgraded to version 2015. Cool. Guess it is time to do some trains again.

Edited by Lexx

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Maybe I'll play Wasteland 2 in a year or three or four and then tell people how much it sucks.

I'll be waiting with bated breath.

To expand my thoughts on Borderlands 2.  The biggest thing that irks me in is how bullet spongy the bosses and even some of the regular enemies are.  Beyond that, the shooter mechanics are solid and I've found the weapons decent but unexciting.  On the positive side, the game seems to have a pretty good sense of humor.

Edited by Keyrock

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Ground Zeroes -- I've started to like it a lot actually and discovered that there might be more to its stealth mechanics then I originally thought. Although, despite that, the controls are still,

nevertheless, a bit pantsonhead retarded. You do not apply several functions to be activated by the same button, it was stupid in Splinter Cell Conviction and it is stupid here. If I for instance wanted to use the spotlight on top of a watch tower to spot my mission objective, then sometimes Snake will instead decide to climb over the rail unto the ground, potentially ****ing up my entire operation and get me spotted by the enemy. Also it seems Kojima took his implied inspiration from Rockstar to heart, because the game suffers a lot from the usual Rockstar issues -- That is to say, moving, walking, turning, feels like driving a car and driving car feels like there's another heavier card tied to the rooftop. It should not be this hard to steer Snake around like how it was in the previous games.

I also dislike Kiefer Sutherland as Snake and as an actor in general, so yeah. I'll get over that along with the tasteless outfit for Quiet.

The gameplay is fun, the missions are challenging -- There's a bit of fun to be found inside this extremely short prologue to the actual MGS5 it's just not worth full price. That's why I bought it cheap anyway. 

I liked how the tank driving works. It actually felt like a really heavy vehicle to me. About the character controls... dunno, didn't had any problems with it. Feels better than in MGS4, I think.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Nah, MGS4 still retained a smooth movement system, whereas with Ground Zeroes Kojima seems to want to go for the Rockstar approach of having the characters move like they are drunk. 

At the very least -- Ground Zeroes retained some of the good parts from Peace Walker which is good. The cars are useless to a stealth game I see no point in them, really, and the driving is annoying. It shouldn't be though but it is.

But I actually feel much more precise in MGS5. Though this probably also has to do with the super smooth animations and transitions from every position. It just feels good to run, then walk, then go prone and get flat on ground, continue crawling.

And like I said... don't find the driving annoying at all.

Edited by Lexx

While I assume it is indeed easier than before, Aard was the only thing I used on him back in the day too, after more elaborate strategies failed. Just spammed attack then hit Aard the moment he blocked one.

Hah, turns out my game was still on easy. I had set it that way to just breeze through and see the EE stuff but I guess it reverted when I loaded a save and I was unaware, whoops.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

But I actually feel much more precise in MGS5. Though this probably also has to do with the super smooth animations and transitions from every position. It just feels good to run, then walk, then go prone and get flat on ground, continue crawling.

And like I said... don't find the driving annoying at all.

The problem is that the controls are even more sensitive than ever before and because Snake turns like a golfcart, when he moves especially with vehicles, you'll find a Rockstar game -- It becomes annoying.

I simply base my opinion on having played all the games. Ground Zeroes has the most annoying movement system. The action prompts and functions are even worse, pressing the wrong button will get Snake to do something you didn't want him to do, potentially ****ing up everything. So yeah, it's no good.

What's the EE stuff on Iorveth's path? I assume that stuff in the sewers of Loc Muinne?

No idea, am on Roche's path, I get some quest with the Ves-like operative I gather, I just started. I regret not taking extra roll distance, was getting my ass kicked by the fire golem before the Henselt showdown (which was rather easy with Igni spam, heh).

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Outwitted Philippa and not inked up, so yes.

My version of Geralt only needs one sorceress in his life, a raven haired one who used to be a hunchback.  I've been friend zoning Triss in my canon playthrough and generally (though not completely) avoiding one night stands.

Edited by Keyrock

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

Took an hour to install Shadows of Mordor.. then got into the general fun of orc and uruk slaughter...

I did like the description "imagine if Assassin's Creed, Batman Arkham, and Skyrim had a threeway, this could be the resulting offspring..."

• Like 2

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

I'm playing the waiting game

Got an email from GMG with my NBA2K15 key but it doesn't come out until next week so I'm just twiddling my thumbs. I'm stoked that unlike last year this game will be the same (graphics and features) on the PC as consoles.

Free games updated 3/4/21

The scarcity of Ascendant Shards/Energy makes leveling up my guns/armor in Destiny a pain in the ass.  I finally upgraded my helmet to its fullest potential after earning an Ascendant Shard from a public event, but now I need something like a total of 25 more to upgrade the rest of my gear.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)