What are you playing now?

Blarghagh

I have only started playing for 2 minutes and feel like I want to uninstall. Problem is: Now there is a second cousin joining in. I guess I can pass some time by talking about irl stuff with them.

Resist peer pressure.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I have only started playing for 2 minutes and feel like I want to uninstall. Problem is: Now there is a second cousin joining in. I guess I can pass some time by talking about irl stuff with them.

Resist peer pressure.

It's less peer pressure and more about spending some time with them. I don't see them more than a couple of time per year.

Resist peer pressure.

It's less peer pressure and more about spending some time with them. I don't see them more than a couple of time per year.

If my cousins tried to get me into Archeage I'd avoid them as well :p

Edited by melkathi

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

When it comes to Korean MMOs, or any MMOs, for that matter, the only one I want to play is that Black Desert one (I think it's only playable in Korea right now), and I don't so much want to play it as I want to play with the awesome character creator for hours on end.  Someone needs to make a character creator game (no, not The Sims).  There is no actual game proper, it's just a really awesome, feature packed character creator.  I'd buy and play that.  Someone should talk to Volition.  Get them to take all the money they use to reskin Saints Row 3 again make Saints Row Gat Out of Hell and have them use 100% of that money to make their already pretty good character creator much better.

Edited by Keyrock

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Still plugging along in Destiny.  I'm one strike mission away from being able to purchase a purple pair of either boots or gauntlet for my Warlock.  Not sure which one I'm going to get.  Knowing my luck, as soon as I spend my Guardian marks on one, I'll stumble across one as a random loot drop.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Started playing The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing 2 today. It's surprisingly good. It's like they've taken everything that was good about the first game and made it better, removed most of the annoyances and added cool new features. Quite an accomplishment to make so many changes and still make it feel like it was all for the better.

• Like 2

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Started playing The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing 2 today. It's surprisingly good. It's like they've taken everything that was good about the first game and made it better, removed most of the annoyances and added cool new features. Quite an accomplishment to make so many changes and still make it feel like it was all for the better.

And they aren't changing too much with 3. So really looking forward to just more fun when that comes out.

Just wondering if it will have any tower defense or if they are taking that out completly, now that they are releasing the Deathtrap spin-off with just the tower defense part.

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

Playing those Destiny strike missions with terrible players is frustrating.  End fights that should be relatively easy turn into impossible tasks because they keep getting themselves killed.  Apparently, it never occurs to them that running out in the open with 50 enemies shooting at you might not be the best strategy.

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Any strike team I took to the Nexus Hive Mind boss always ended up rage quitting, until I invested in the Titan defense sub class and the ability to spawn shield bubbles, with helps tons against mobs. Currently rocking some queens wrath legendary gear but dreading the final upgrade tier and tracking those damn ascendant shards

Playing those Destiny strike missions with terrible players is frustrating.  End fights that should be relatively easy turn into impossible tasks because they keep getting themselves killed.  Apparently, it never occurs to them that running out in the open with 50 enemies shooting at you might not be the best strategy.

Sorry about that

I once heard the best defense is a good offence and I just run with it even when it doesn't make sense

But seriosly, I gave up on playing strikes because I either get people that know it like the back of their hand and want to speed through it and quit if you don't know it as well as they do or suck so bad that I think it would be easier to run it solo

Free games updated 3/4/21

Beat Throne of Bhaal. I've officially beaten the Baldur's Gate Trilogy. I cheated in a guy who didn't spawn for a quest and I cheated in the silver pantaloons. I'm happy with that.

Melissan's so strong that the fight is actually boring. That's been my problem with the series' final bosses. The strategy I used to beat her was to just load up on protection spells and then whirlwind her butt to death. It's not very interesting to have the whole mage toolkit and just start whacking people with hammers. Some haste, armor of faiths, bless, protection from evil, planetars, elemental princes, and a wished in rest towards the end there.

Did not get Sarevok to turn good, sadly. I got Viconia to turn neutral. I was hoping there was an ending where Viconia would become the Bhaalspawn's cleric, I mean, he's going to need one.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

The PS4 Destiny servers must be down tonight.  I couldn't log on, and neither could my friend (who lives on the other side of the continent from me -- so it wasn't a local issue).

I've maxed out my Warlock starting class (forget its name), and now I'm working on the subclass.  To be honest, other than the special ability, I don't see much of a difference between those and my Hunter classes.

Started up Icewind Dale. The first one to die was the party cleric. Fully armored with a shield and she died before even a Goblin.

8 HP just ain't what it used to be.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Finished Broken Sword. Was alright, a few dumb puzzles here and there but I didn't mind too much. The end side felt pretty rushed though and the awkward George - Nico relationship made it even worse. I'd give it 3½ out of 5.

I guess I'll continue to Broken Sword 2 since Beyond Earth is still almost a month away.

Is BS4 the really bad one or is that just BS3 ?

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Is BS4 the really bad one or is that just BS3 ?

Both are chided, but for different reasons.  BS3 is chided because they dropped traditional point & click controls because consoles (as you can imagine, the PC crowd didn't react favorably to that), it was actually a pretty good game if you got past the control change.  BS4 brought back p&c controls but was just plain not very good.  In my opinion:

BS1 > BS2 > BS5 > BS3 > BS4

Edited by Keyrock

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Heh. didn't realize I was the only one on the forums who hadn't played BS games before. Well, other than the psone version of BS2 years ago, no recollection how far I got before stopping whatsoever.

I went for the original version of BS1 as everyone seemed to think the remastered wasn't as good, but how bout BS2? Is the remastered better than original?