What are you playing now?

Blarghagh

When looking at a PS4 vs Xbox One purchase, you should look at what current and future exclusives you are interested in. The PS4 was an easy choice because of the games I have an interest in. I will also only stick to one system this generation, so I feel good about my choice.

What interests me on PS4:

Persona 5 (Don't think we'll see an XBO version.)

New Ys game (Don't think we'll see an XBO version.)

Bloodborne

inFAMOUS SS

inFAMOUS FL

LittleBigPlanet 3

Ratchet & Clank Remaster

Rime

Tearaway Unfolded

Disgaea 5

Dragon Quest Warriors

What interests me on Xbox One:

Scalebound

Crackdown 3

Sunset Overdrive

Down the line, the only Xbox exclusive I can think of that I'd be interested in playing is the new Halo.  But that's not enough to sway me.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Decided to get Destiny despite all those mixed user reviews I read on teh Interwebz. Gonna give it a whirl right now and see what the fuss is all about.

PS4 or XBox One?  I'm in the market for a new system, but I'm not sure which one I want.  I've been an Xbox guy lately, but there's just something about the PS4 and its exclusives that I'm starting to lean toward.

PS4. You don't want to miss out on this.

Edited by Cat Food

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.  

Tuned a few cars in Gran Tourismo 6, I love my fully-tuned 650 bhp Jaguar XKS, with my sim wheel and my suspension setup it handles like a jet fighter.

Also I love the ankle cutters and splitter.   :w00t:  

MatterhornRotenboden_42_zpsf077e3f4.jpg

It handles great unless one of the tires touches grass. D:

24hNuumlrburgring_2_zpsba4e3608.jpg

MatterhornRotenboden_23_zps693c71db.jpg

Edited by Woldan
  • Like 2

I gazed at the dead, and for one dark moment I saw a banquet. 

I ended up going with a PS4.  It came with the Last of Us, which I'd never played before but have always wanted to.  It was also cheaper than the XBox One they had in stock.

I have one minor complaint already though (and it's really minor).  The USB cord while you're charging the controller is so short.  I have to sit on the floor instead of my chair because the cord can't reach that far.  It's only an issue while the controller is recharging, but man, couldn't they have sprung for a longer cord?

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

"Persona 5 (Don't think we'll see an XBO version.)

Bloodborne

inFAMOUS SS

inFAMOUS FL

LittleBigPlanet 3

Ratchet & Clank Remaster

Rime

Tearaway Unfolded

Disgaea 5

Dragon Quest Warriors

Scalebound

Crackdown 3

Sunset Overdrive"

Every single one of these is crap.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Just finished PS: T for the first time, gotta say, besides the really anticlimatic being able to resurrect all your companions at the end of the game when the game had been screaming "If you bring your companions with you they're gonna die off for good" 24/7, and the not that fantastic combat, the game was amazing.

Being able to resurrect one companion was fine, it did add a sense of choice, and I was desperately wondering who deserved to live (ended up deciding on Ignus) when I went ahead and just resurrected them all, the whole thing felt sort of cheap. Game was amazing though, every aspect but the combat and the ending blew me away.

• Like 1

Down the line, the only Xbox exclusive I can think of that I'd be interested in playing is the new Halo.  But that's not enough to sway me.

Bungie just made Destiny for both consoles, so I'm not sure what their relationship is with Microsoft anymore.

Speaking of Destiny, just reached level 8 and having a blast exploring the moon.  I tried one PvP match and was terrible, but thankfully there is plenty of PvE content to keep me happy.

I ended up going with a PS4.  It came with the Last of Us, which I'd never played before but have always wanted to.  It was also cheaper than the XBox One they had in stock.

I have one minor complaint already though (and it's really minor).  The USB cord while you're charging the controller is so short.  I have to sit on the floor instead of my chair because the cord can't reach that far.  It's only an issue while the controller is recharging, but man, couldn't they have sprung for a longer cord?

You can get a USB cord extender, don't know if that'll work, but it worked with my Xbox 360 controller.

Bungie just made Destiny for both consoles, so I'm not sure what their relationship is with Microsoft anymore.

Speaking of Destiny, just reached level 8 and having a blast exploring the moon.  I tried one PvP match and was terrible, but thankfully there is plenty of PvE content to keep me happy.

Bungie doesn't make Halo anymore, it's now made by an internal Microsoft studio, the price Bungie had to pay for their freedom.

"Moral indignation is a standard strategy for endowing the idiot with dignity." Marshall McLuhan

The Last of Us is the one game to make me play longer than the controller's battery charge ('bout 8 hours). Although hopefully Marvel Infinity 2.0 will come close, in a couple weeks. One week after that, Shadow of Mordor looks promising. 

All Stop. On Screen.

This is going to be a "n00b" question, but how do you get involved in matches against other players?  So far, I've done a bunch of solo missions.  I've run into other players on the world I'm currently on, but they're doing their own thing and I rarely cross paths with them in any kind of combat situation.

Destiny sure is fun to play. Some random guy joined me and we blasted the crap out a few dozen vanguards. We also killed one of those spider-tank thingies with a bunch of other guys who were doing their own stuff. It was a blast!

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.  

I'm playing Super Smash Brothers: Brawl with the project M mod which makes the game actually good. I got five my friends here and we are rotating team doubles. I post on these forums & play BG while I'm waiting for my turn.

Currently I'm trying to get better than my friend coco (His in-game persona) who's one of the best Olimar players in Michigan. I'm considering joining the competitive scene after the new Smash comes out. I can't really join it now since the meta game is too advanced.

Update: My friends are leaving; just playing BG now.

Edited by Namutree

"Good thing I don't heal my characters or they'd be really hurt." Is not something I should ever be thinking.

I use blue text when I'm being sarcastic.

Bloodborne

inFAMOUS SS

inFAMOUS FL

LittleBigPlanet 3

Ratchet & Clank Remaster

Rime

Tearaway Unfolded

Disgaea 5

Dragon Quest Warriors

Scalebound

Crackdown 3

Sunset Overdrive"

It's good to see that you care enough about me to set me straight. Now I will not buy these crap games. Oh wait, I already have most pre-ordered.

• Like 3

Currently mostly playing Warframe and still enjoying it. I tried making a new account recently to see what it's like through new players' eyes, and boy, is it horrible, glad I'm no longer a new player because given how broken the new player experience is I'd probably quit rather early in (they somehow made the new player experience *worse* compared to a year ago, that takes some skill!).

Since I don't have access to my desktop the selection of games I can actually play is rather limited, looking forward to Wasteland 2, which I assume will run just fine on the laptop (unlike D:OS, for some reason :(). I also still need to play some more Firefall, the mechanics still don't do it for me for some reason, maybe because they took a bit too much inspiration from Warframe so the constant subtle differences might be annoying me. Also not a fan of the graphical style, but that's something I could maybe get used to.

Destiny sounds like something I might enjoy as from the very little I've read about it so far it's in a similar ballpark as Warframe and Firefall. I should probably check it out sometime (though if it's a huge download that'd probably kill it for me, at least for the foreseeable future).

Edited by marelooke

Bloodborne

inFAMOUS SS

inFAMOUS FL

LittleBigPlanet 3

Ratchet & Clank Remaster

Rime

Tearaway Unfolded

Disgaea 5

Dragon Quest Warriors

Scalebound

Crackdown 3

Sunset Overdrive"

Nope.

Caught between trying to finish Child of Light, playing Divinity: Original Sin and trying to figure out how to kill an enemy 9 levels higher than me in Desktop Dungeon so I can beat the Shifting Passages map with the Unstopable award.

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

This is going to be a "n00b" question, but how do you get involved in matches against other players?  So far, I've done a bunch of solo missions.  I've run into other players on the world I'm currently on, but they're doing their own thing and I rarely cross paths with them in any kind of combat situation.

You can't do it until level 5, it's called the Crucible and it is a separate place that you visit.

• Like 1

Finished up Deux Ex Human Revolution Director's Cut (phew). Still really enjoy the game overall as I had done in the past. Definitely one of the best "big productions" in semi-recent years if you ask me. Also the first time I played The Missing Link, which was pretty cool, though I'm not sure I like how it was put into the story so the player is forced to play it. It kinda interrupts the storyflow in a pretty serious way.

Still, it was totally kewl.

Listen to my home-made recordings (some original songs, some not): http://www.youtube.c...low=grid&view=0

Thought i'd eat into the old GOG back catalogue, downloaded Vampire the Masquerade: Redemption. I quite like it, though it's dialogue is a touch too verbose and tends to drag, as well as indulging in too many thees, thous and doths. The combat is standard Diablo clone stuff, but seems to cry out for a pause button, or some other method of handling tactical concerns mid melee. The graphics are surprisingly pretty for the year it was released, though somewhat stylised, but they function admirably.

The plot works, though i'm not particularly enthused about the budding romance between Anezka and Christoff, but then again he's French. Personally i'd have preferred to remain human for a much longer while, the inevitable turning to vampiricism occurs quite quickly and I was just beginning to enjoy myself. The introduction and lore of the Masquerade is of course well done and fascinating, as it should be, and it's interesting to see how the game was played in the old world. There are a few errors in the timeline, but overall the setting in medieval Bohemia works well, though Prague is a little cramped.

The combat when within a group, or coterie as the game calls it, is to be frank awful. When fighting alone in the Bonn mines early on combat is enjoyable and satisfying, with the addition of more members however it becomes a chaotic chore, having to deal with the abilities of your team, as well as your own mid melee, without any form of tactical pause is rather difficult. You fall back on (cheesy) viable single person tactics, feral claws with speed and strength buffs, clear the room then drink from the last survivor. Have your companions summon a Wraith to tank etcetera. It's spoils what could be a very rewarding combat system. The game would work better with just a lone protagonist.

Overall though i'm enjoying myself, the little touches of choice and consequence (usually affecting ones Humanity statistic) are quite nice and the plot cracks along at a fair old pace. Worth a quick playthrough i'd say, it could be so much better but it's not terrible by any means, and it's certainly worth the price on GOG.

• Like 1

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

Fun fact:  I own Missing Link (the original, I never bought DX:HR Director's Cut, didn't see the point in it) and I've never actually played it.  For whatever reason, I've never been able to muster up the energy to revisit that game, even content I haven't seen before, despite the fact that I thoroughly enjoyed DX:HR when I played it.

I'm still playing Pirate Creed, but I'm starting to run out of steam.  I've thoroughly enjoyed what I've played, for the most part, but there's just too much of it.  I now have two conflicting desires battling it out in my brain.  Part of me is telling me to forget all the optional stuff and just do the main story missions to finish the game as quickly as possible.  The completionist in me wants to power through and finish absolutely everything to 100% completion.  I could set the game aside for a week or two again, but if I do that, knowing myself, the probability is high I'll never return to the game, especially with Wasteland 2 releasing next week, so I gotta finish it, one way or another, soon.  There's just too much damn content in that game.  Gah, I'm so conflicted.

#FirstWorldProblems

Edited by Keyrock
  • Like 2

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

You can't do it until level 5, it's called the Crucible and it is a separate place that you visit.

That would explain why I haven't been able to find anything about it.  I just reached level 4 last night.

Fun fact:  I own Missing Link (the original, I never bought DX:HR Director's Cut, didn't see the point in it) and I've never actually played it.  For whatever reason, I've never been able to muster up the energy to revisit that game, even content I haven't seen before, despite the fact that I thoroughly enjoyed DX:HR when I played it.

I'm still playing Pirate Creed, but I'm starting to run out of steam.  I've thoroughly enjoyed what I've played, for the most part, but there's just too much of it.  I now have two conflicting desires battling it out in my brain.  Part of me is telling me to forget all the optional stuff and just do the main story missions to finish the game as quickly as possible.  The completionist in me wants to power through and finish absolutely everything to 100% completion.  I could set the game aside for a week or two again, but if I do that, knowing myself, the probability is high I'll never return to the game, especially with Wasteland 2 releasing next week, so I gotta finish it, one way or another, soon.  There's just too much damn content in that game.  Gah, I'm so conflicted.

#FirstWorldProblems

All AC games eventually get to that point, the sub quests start to get a little  tiresome. The moment you start feeling like that just focus on the main quest

Edited by BruceVC

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela