Dyrford Ruins - Bridge - how to use hooks with ropes?

Blu3Fr0G

Hello fellow backers,

I have problem crossing the fallen bridge in Dyrford Ruins - I know that I should you the hooks with ropes, but how?

When I click on that wooden ramp, there is just dialogue hint, regardless whether that character which interacts with the ramp has the hook in inventory or not.

I cannot put it into weapon slows, nor into quick item slots.

What am I missing?

We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing (George Bernard Shaw)

image-163149-full.jpg?1348680770

The short answer is that you're missing nothing; the interaction is bugged. The longer answer is that some people have had success with the grappling hooks from the dungeon but not with the ones from the store. Some people say that it worked when the hooks were in their pc's inventory. Others have reported no trouble at all. And some, like me, couldn't get it to work no matter what we did. In any case you don't need to cross the cavern to complete the quest as the locked door in the village tannery gets you into the side with the key and the hidden passage in the wilderness area with the beetles gets you into the other side.

• Like 1

Thanks fro answer; now at least I know there is nothing wrong on my side.

Meanwhile I was waiting for somebody to respond, I remembered there was another door near the flooded part, through which I came here (yes, I came through tannery), and through there lied a way across.

Still, hooks would be my preferred way across. 

We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing (George Bernard Shaw)

image-163149-full.jpg?1348680770

Thanks fro answer; now at least I know there is nothing wrong on my side.

Meanwhile I was waiting for somebody to respond, I remembered there was another door near the flooded part, through which I came here (yes, I came through tannery), and through there lied a way across.

Still, hooks would be my preferred way across. 

This doesn't work for everyone, but it seemed to fix the issue for me:

1) Do not load from Continue and only load a game from the main menu (when you hit ESC, don't load from that menu. Instead, select Quit and then load from them menu that opens up).

2) When you shut down the game, also shut down Steam.

As I said, this may not work for you, but when I started doing this I was able to use the grappling hook as well as complete quests. With the first two characters I made I was unable to do either.

Edited by Ink Blot