[BUG?] Culture bonus added to Attribute before advancing to Culture tab

Ink Blot

Question

[DESCRIPTION]

When creating a character, once you get to the attribute screen, the culture bonus from Aedyr (+1 Resolve) is already added to the Resolve Attribute, as this is the default selection on the next tab, which is Culture.

[DETAILS]

Create a character (preferably a race that doesn't have a Resolve bonus) and look at the attributes and note that Resolve is at a value of 4. It should be 3 (the base).

[EXPECTED BEHAVIOR]

Attributes should be at the base value, except for whatever the race adds before getting to the attribute allocation screen. As it currently stands, the Resolve bonus from Aedyr is added onto the attributes, but the Culture choice occurs after you distribute your attribute points. Aedyr is the default selection on the Culture screen (+1 Resolve). I would expect that the Culture bonus does not reflect on the character attributes until after the Culture screen is accessed and the Culture choice is made.

[NOTES]

Although it's not a big deal, as it's only a single point, this can be somewhat confusing if you're trying to hone your character's attributes to a specific value. You may set your Resolve to a specific value, only to have it drop a point if/when you access the Culture tab and select a different culture than the default Aedyr.

Edited by Ink Blot

2 answers to this question

IMO, this is less of a bug and more that Culture should be selected right after subrace.

• Like 1

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

Yeah this is working as intended.  As many others have said they need to move culture to before stat distribution.  As it stands now the game just assumes you will pick Aedyr so if you change culture you have to go back and redo stats.

• Like 1