Dyford Crossing Dungeon.. need help (spoiler)

Dyford Crossing Dungeon: Need help opening the doors leading to the big round chamber, what's the trick ??

Also, Haven't been able to not break the Dragon Egg, is there a way to rescue the egg safely ??

As far as gameplay goes, Combat is less confusing after a while, but I would still like to clearly see who is battling who!

Thx.

For the big round chamber, you need either 8 lockpicks or to pass a mechanics check.

I have a feeling the Skull Key from the guy on the ledge outside the ogre cave will open the door but considering quest items don't go into the quest inventory unless they're on the player character I'm not sure. Drop it in your main's inventory and see what happens.

Dragon egg is either high athletics and/or use a rope and grappling hook in the scripted interaction.

You read my post.

You have been eaten by a grue.

One of the 3 guards outside should have the key

I though he meant the first one with the giant pool of blood in?

If it's Wymund's chamber then yeah, one of the guards has it.

Maybee he has the key already and didnt notice it because it went straight to the quest item stash. ;)

If it's in the quest item stash it should open automatically? If a key doesn't go into your main's inventory it doesn't go to the quest stash and isn't registered as being picked up and the door stays locked :(

You read my post.

You have been eaten by a grue.

Dyford Crossing Dungeon: Need help opening the doors leading to the big round chamber, what's the trick ??

Did you get the key from the currier's shop in the village? I'm not sure which key you need - but there is a key hidden a barrel (go into stealth mode and have a character with high mechanics walk around). Note that there are bugs that prevent some doors in the dungeon opening some of the time; it will probably work better after the next patch. Having BB Rogue (or another  character with high mechanics skill open the doors can help when you don't have the keys). 

Also, Haven't been able to not break the Dragon Egg, is there a way to rescue the egg safely ??

You need a character with high athletics skill to climb the cliff and a high CON score to not drop the egg on the way down. You can also use a grappling hook to climb and then lower the egg with the rope.

As far as gameplay goes, Combat is less confusing after a while, but I would still like to clearly see who is battling who!

The devs said (sorry no link - but they did say it) that they have a combat feedback system implemented but it didn't make it into the current beta build. So, expect this to get better.

The dungeon problem has been solved, so to the egg:

One needs a 15+ Athletic and I believe 14+ Con.

Your BB Dwarf has what you need (though picturing my BB Dwarf, in heavy armor climbing the cliff and all is stretching

things to the point of breaking!!!)

Again, the game is just soo messed up in what one would expect (intuitive) - a highly dextrous, light-weight character comes immediately to mind IMHO, not some muscle-bound, heavy armored tank!

Well, still no luck with the doors leading to the big round chamber in Dyford Crossing Dungeon.

I have found the "skull key" on the corpse in the Ogre's Cave and it went right into the "Quest item" inventory.

But the doors are still locked in the other dungeon.

I have not seen lockpicks anywhere, in shops or on corpses. (nor any grappling hook..)

I have search everything that could be killed (including the tanner in town) and haven't found any other key, I've search every room and every barrel too.

So I'm basically stuck... Help anyone ??

(Do I have to clear the area with lions and another dungeon first to finish the dungeon in Dyford Crossing ??)

Thanks.

I have not seen lockpicks anywhere, in shops or on corpses. (nor any grappling hook..)

Lock picks are in several places in the cultist dungeon and grappling hooks are sold by the weapon merchant (and found in a hidden location in the village - see below about hidden items).

I have search everything that could be killed (including the tanner in town) and haven't found any other key, I've search every room and every barrel too.

You need to be in stealth mode and have a character with a high mechanics score to find the key in the tanners shop (or other hidden items). BB Rogue can find it.

(Do I have to clear the area with lions and another dungeon first to finish the dungeon in Dyford Crossing ??)

No.

Well, still no luck with the doors leading to the big round chamber in Dyford Crossing Dungeon.

I have found the "skull key" on the corpse in the Ogre's Cave and it went right into the "Quest item" inventory.

Thanks.

Re the doors to the round chamber, if it's the one with the blood pool:

- Mechanics skill of 8, or 8 lockpicks, or any combination of the two that add up to 8.

- The key is not the one found on the corpse on the ledge outside the ogre cave. That particular key fits the lock in the skull on the ground outside the entrance to the temple dungeon. The key for these doors is found in the dungeon area across the chasm (you need to either get there with a grappling hook, or from the back chamber in the tannery shop)

If it's Weymund's chamber you're talking about then it's on one of the three guards outside the chamber door.

As noted, lockpicks can be found in the temple dungeon. Grappling hooks can be bought at the weapon merchant, and you can find one in the boat at the west end of Dyrford (pretty much directly west of Rumbold). You need to be in Search mode to find it. The BB Rogue can do it.

Again, as noted, the key in the tanner's shop can be found when in Search mode. That key opens the door behind the tanner though (you'll get into a battle if you try to open the door though, so be warned).

A note: Webshaman mistyped on the Athletics requirement for the dragon egg. It's not 15+. It should be 5+ I believe.

• Like 2

Well.

In my Quest inventory I have:

- The Currier Key

- The Skull Key

- An Old Dungeon Key

In my Stash I have:

- Grappling Hook and rope from the store

- Grappling Hook and rope found in the dungeon.

- 3 Lockpicks (2 other disappeared from the inventory...) + mechanical of 6 for my BBThief

Still can't open the door to the bloody round room in the dungeon.

Still can't use the hook to get across the broken bridge.

:(

Edited by sheriffharry

Well.

- The Currier Key

- The Skull Key

- An Old Dungeon Key

In my Stash I have:

- 3 Lockpicks (2 other disappeared from the inventory...) + mechanical of 6 for my BBThief

Have you tried only loading a save from the main menu? That has reduced the number of bugs (at least for some people).

To be really conservative, if you need to load a save, quit and restart the game. I have been doing this and haven't had any more disappearing inventory etc.

Edit: And, your current saves may be corrupted if you have been loading from the other menu - you may need to start over.

Edited by Yonjuro

Well.

- The Currier Key

- The Skull Key

- An Old Dungeon Key

In my Stash I have:

Yeah, I think you're screwed for this run. As Yonjuro said, you're game's probably corrupted. I recommend a fresh start as well. If you do, then take note of the advice on saving and loading:

1) Load only from the main menu (not the one that pops up when you hit ESC. On that menu, hit Quit and then load from the main menu)

2) When you shut the game down, shut Steam down as well.

Another thing I've done which seems to have stopped disappearing items issues is to always drag each item from a container into your inventory. Don't use the 'Take All' button. And don't try stacking items. I've found this makes them just vanish.

Thanks.

Re the doors to the round chamber, if it's the one with the blood pool:

- Mechanics skill of 8, or 8 lockpicks, or any combination of the two that add up to 8.

- The key is not the one found on the corpse on the ledge outside the ogre cave. That particular key fits the lock in the skull on the ground outside the entrance to the temple dungeon. The key for these doors is found in the dungeon area across the chasm (you need to either get there with a grappling hook, or from the back chamber in the tannery shop)

If it's Weymund's chamber you're talking about then it's on one of the three guards outside the chamber door.

As noted, lockpicks can be found in the temple dungeon. Grappling hooks can be bought at the weapon merchant, and you can find one in the boat at the west end of Dyrford (pretty much directly west of Rumbold). You need to be in Search mode to find it. The BB Rogue can do it.

Again, as noted, the key in the tanner's shop can be found when in Search mode. That key opens the door behind the tanner though (you'll get into a battle if you try to open the door though, so be warned).

A note: Webshaman mistyped on the Athletics requirement for the dragon egg. It's not 15+. It should be 5+ I believe.

Oh, my bad.  Yeah, 5+ it is!

Sorry.

That's probably it. I've "save", "quicksave" and "load" very often directly from the game.

I'll restart anew.

That said, I've enjoyed the game as much as any IE old ones. Combat need polish, but overall questing is really fun.

Not sure I like the new "guns" and pistols, but as they do similar damage to crossbow, that's not a major issue.

Thanks!