The Grand Bugged Spells List - WIP

swordofthesith

Question

Hi Beta Backers!

I know that there are existing issues with many spells and so far this is no comprehensive list documenting these existing issues/bugs I thought we could put together a list of known issues with spells from any of the spell casting classes featured in PoE. I'll start us off with a few noticed:

CIPHER

Soul Ignition - Unlimited range. Can be casted outside of combat and does not trigger MOB aggro. 

WIZARD

Fetid Caress - Very limited range. Wizard would have to run right up to the MOB in order to cast it. And after casting the spell my Wizard would usually get paralyzed by his or her own spell!

Edited by swordofthesith

3 answers to this question

I'm not sure if these are bugs in the spells themselves or unclear spell descriptions. The problem is that the spells' descriptions indicate that they will harm enemies. Neither mentions that the spell can also harm the party. I'd like for the spell to not harm the party or the spell description to indicate that anyone in the area may be harmed.

Druid Spell

Sunbeam - in game description: "Calls down a shaft of intense sunlight, Burning and potentially Blinding enemies in the area of effect." 

I used it on a group that included the Skaen Cultist, the Skaen Temple Guard and my own Small Earth Blight. Only 
the Small Earth Blight was injured (45 burning damage and blinded for 24 seconds). The combat log said that I'd 
killed the Small Earth Blight but it didn't disappear and showed four blue dots above it in combat after it was supposedly killed. However, I couldn't determine its stamina because there was no longer a blue circle underneath it. 

I tried again and missed the Skaen Temple Guard and the Skaen Cultist but I hit BB Priest for 37 
burning damage and affected her with Blinded for 24 seconds. It said that X hits BB Priest for 37 burning damage. 
X affects BB Priest with Blinded for 24 seconds., X hits BB Priest for 37 burn damage. I can't tell for sure if I 
hit her twice for 37 damage each but it looks like I did based on her stamina before and after my spell. The only 
other attack on BB Priest in that time period was that the Temple Guard hit her for 3 crushing damage and her 
stamina went down by over 70.

I tried it a third time and hit the Small Earth Blight for 31 Burning damage, Blinded for 12 seconds, and 31 Burning damage. Again, it looks like Small Earth Blight was hit for 62 damage in total. No one else was hit by the spell. 

Wizard Spell

Crackling Bolt - in game description "Caster becomes a living generator for a powerful rebounding bolt of electricity, which leaps to the nearest enemy and jumps to up to five additional targets"

BB Wizard casts Crackling Bolt (and targets the Skaen Cultist). He grazes BB Priest for 14 shock damage and affects BB Priest with Crackling Bolt for 0.1 seconds. BB Wizard grazes BB Rogue for 12 shock damage and affects BB Rogue with Crackling Bolt for 0.1 seconds. BB Wizard grazes BB Fighter for 15 shock damage and affects BB Fighter with Crackling Bolt for 0.1 seconds. BB Wizard hits Small Earth Blight for 48 damage and affects Small Earth Blight for 0.1 seconds. BB Wizard grazes Skaen Cultist for 17 shock damage and affects Skaen Cultist for 0.1 seconds. BB Wizard grazes Skaen Temple Guard for 19 shock damage and affects Skaen Temple Guard 
with Crackling Bolt for 0.1 seconds. 

In this case the spell description is ambiguous. I wasn't sure before casting if it could only jump to other enemies or also to allies. However, it indicates that an enemy will be attacked first. When I cast it, the initial damage was to BB Priest, then to BB Rogue,  BB Fighter, and Small Earth Blight. Only after going through most of the party, it bounced to Skaen Cultist and Skaen Temple Guard.

I tried again, this time targeting Skaen Temple Guard. BB Wizard critically hits BB Priest for 65 shock damage and affects BB Priest with Crackling  Bolt for 0.2 seconds. BB Wizard grazes BB Rogue for 21 shock damage and affects BB Rogue with Crackling Bolt for 0.1 seconds. BB Wizard misses Skaen Temple Guard. BB Wizard grazes Small Earth Blight for 24 shock damage and affects Small Earth Blight for 0.1 seconds. BB Wizard killed Small Earth Blight. BB Wizard grazes Skaen Cultist for 18 shock damage and affects Skaen Cultist for 0.1 seconds. 

Again, the first target (before any enemy is missed) is a party member. It hits two party members before missing its supposed target. 

I think that the spell description should be clearer in any case (to indicate whether it can jump to and harm party members). If it is supposed to be able to target party members first, the spell description should be changed. Otherwise, it should first hit an enemy before targeting any party members. 
Edited by oaktownbrown
  • Like 1

CIPHER

Soul Shock - Vastly underpowered, does almost no damage. Please increase the potency of this power. 

Phantom Foes - The in-game description makes it seem as if this power only affects enemies. This is not true, when cast this power affects friends and foes alike, diminishing the utility of the spell.