I have missed the kickstarter campaign, but I would still like to support the game. how to?

before doing that, however, I'd like to ask a couple things about your project:

-how will basic gameplay feel? 

-are you Obsidian going to end support soon like it happened for other games, like Kotor2?

-will this game feature modding support? if so, how much? not again like Knights of the Old republic 2, where several things were hardcoded, please (feats, class number, level cap to name the first three).

-will there be flight, for both PC and NPCs? if not, can you consider it for a future expansion? 

-can we expect to see fights with big enemies, similar to the Watcher in the Water of the LOTR trilogy?

In-Development: Turn-Based cRPG, late backing OPEN!

realms_beyond_logo_360x90px_transparent_

Support was ended on KotOR 2 because LucasArts refused to let Obsidian patch, if I recall correctly. This should not be a problem here.

As a Unity engine game the game should be pretty modable, but I don't know what will and what won't. Sawyer explained most things should be relatively easy except for building new environments.

I have missed the kickstarter campaign, but I would still like to support the game. how to?

-are you Obsidian going to end support soon like it happened for other games, like Kotor2?

-will this game feature modding support? if so, how much? not again like Knights of the Old republic 2, where several things were hardcoded, please (feats, class number, level cap to name the first three).

-will there be flight, for both PC and NPCs? if not, can you consider it for a future expansion? 

-can we expect to see fights with big enemies, similar to the Watcher in the Water of the LOTR trilogy?

At this point you can support via pre-ordering, when that is made available in the not so distant future.

Basic gameplay will feel similar to the Infinity Engine games in many respects (e.g. Baldur's Gate 1 and 2, Icewind Dale 1 and 2 and Planescape Torment).

Don't believe you will be flying in this game.

The biggest enemy we've seen so far is an Ogre, and he was pretty big. Obsidian hasn't revealed much game content outside of what is included in the backer beta.

"Now to find a home for my other staff."
My Project Eternity Interview with Adam Brennecke

Support was ended on KotOR 2 because LucasArts refused to let Obsidian patch, if I recall correctly. This should not be a problem here.

As a Unity engine game the game should be pretty modable, but I don't know what will and what won't. Sawyer explained most things should be relatively easy except for building new environments.

well, but is this in the plans? or this would be mostly hacking-like?

well, but is this in the plans? or this would be mostly hacking-like?

I dont believe they are releasing tools to mod the game, u would have to mod the game another way by either getting the tools urself and some know how of just rewritting the coding. Dunno. I do know Nexus will have a spot for the mods though.

Developers, an official word on this?

They plan to support modding as noted in Update #16:

Our plan is to release our file-format information and expose as much of the data in the game as possible for you to extend and edit. We traditionally do not "hard-code" numbers so that our designers, and you, have the power to easily change and iterate on RPG data. We also plan on releasing localization tools to let communities around the world create localized versions for languages we are not translating Project Eternity into.

As we get more familiar with Unity during production, we will be extending Project Eternity even more for mod makers. Look forward to announcements in the months ahead as we make further progress and can provide you with more information about tools and mod support.

You can read the full blurb here: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/obsidian/project-eternity/posts/323119

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

At this point you can support via pre-ordering, when that is made available in the not so distant future.

Basic gameplay will feel similar to the Infinity Engine games in many respects (e.g. Baldur's Gate 1 and 2, Icewind Dale 1 and 2 and Planescape Torment).

Don't believe you will be flying in this game.

The biggest enemy we've seen so far is an Ogre, and he was pretty big. Obsidian hasn't revealed much game content outside of what is included in the backer beta.

we still haven't seen pre-ordering damn...

Obsidian, any news about custom assets?

Flying?

I have to wonder if you actually understand Pillars will be an old-school isometric (static cam) game on rendered-2D maps. Make sure you read the Kickstarter page and all the posts in the News/announcements subforums, padawan! You might need to fully understand the scope of Pillars before even thinking about modding.

The KS Collector's Edition does not include the Collector's Book.

Which game hook brought you to Project Eternity and interests you the most?

PE will not have co-op/multiplayer, console, or tablet support (sources): [0] [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7]

Write your own romance mods because there won't be any in PE.

"But what is an evil? Is it like water or like a hedgehog or night or lumpy?" -(Digger)

"Most o' you wanderers are but a quarter moon away from lunacy at the best o' times." -Alvanhendar (Baldur's Gate 1)

I'm glad you asked the question about modding because I myself woul like to be involved in the modding process.

In fact that brings me to the question about Modding Communities. Will Obsidian be offering any direct or indirect support for modding communities (forums, etc.)?

I'm glad you asked the question about modding because I myself woul like to be involved in the modding process.

In fact that brings me to the question about Modding Communities. Will Obsidian be offering any direct or indirect support for modding communities (forums, etc.)?

Nope.  They have said they are going to be sure the game is "moddable" but they aren't going out of their way to do anything specific to support it.  There will be no specific website and maybe no specific mod tools for example.

Nope.  They have said they are going to be sure the game is "moddable" but they aren't going out of their way to do anything specific to support it.  There will be no specific website and maybe no specific mod tools for example.

isn't the linked update a bit of the opposite of this? they said they are going to release as much info as possible, to hardcode as little info as possible and, in short, to support mods?

"As we get more familiar with Unity during production, we will be extending Project Eternity even more for mod makers. Look forward to announcements in the months ahead as we make further progress and can provide you with more information about tools and mod support."

isn't the linked update a bit of the opposite of this? they said they are going to release as much info as possible, to hardcode as little info as possible and, in short, to support mods?

If I got it right from the start, devs just going to hardcode as few game mechanical stuff as possible, therefore making it moddable, and answer every question about this stuff if someone asks. But there likely won't be special tools, manuals or something like that for modding. Initiative should be ours, not the other way around.

I believe that's what Karkarov wanted to say.

There is very little information about how exactly unity is going to be used. 

Making a thread in a more appropriate section for tech questions.

Edited by Dark_Ansem