Robot Apocalypse is a little different than I expected...

Oerwinde

http://youtu.be/7Pq-S557XQU?list=UU2C_jShtL725hvbm1arSV9w

To summarize, within 10 years we could start to see most of the top 30 jobs (by number of people employed) replaced by robots or some sort of automated system. The jobs that could easily be replaced make up something like 45% of the workforce. The Great Depression saw an unemployment rate of around 25% What kind of societal shifts could we expect if half the population can't work?

• Like 2
The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

The solution is to give everyone a robot slave. So you'd sort of be employed, except that you've subcontracted your job out to your personal robot.

And thus the Great Robot Slave Uprising of 2031 and the Extinction War 2032-2034 were set into motion. 

Edited by Keyrock
  • Like 3

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

So Skynet is going to make the majority of the population go bankrupt before releasing its robots to kill everyone?  

Thats worse than what happened in the movies. 

• Like 1

I gazed at the dead, and for one dark moment I saw a banquet. 

So Skynet is going to make the majority of the population go bankrupt before releasing its robots to kill everyone?  

Thats worse than what happened in the movies. 

That is the logical way to do it.  First destroy us economically, then the extermination via military force will be that much easier.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

This has all happened before and it will all happen again

• Like 1

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

This has all happened before and it will all happen again

Win.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Would be ironic if in 100 years Robots started using humans to do the jobs they didn't want to do.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

http://youtu.be/7Pq-S557XQU?list=UU2C_jShtL725hvbm1arSV9w

To summarize, within 10 years we could start to see most of the top 30 jobs (by number of people employed) replaced by robots or some sort of automated system. The jobs that could easily be replaced make up something like 45% of the workforce. The Great Depression saw an unemployment rate of around 25% What kind of societal shifts could we expect if half the population can't work?

That assumes that we don't start inventing jobs to keep those people employed.

Technological unemployment will be a real problem in the future but for now we can just develop new needs that will spawn businesses and industries.

I wish. How great would it be to have a Life Model Decoy that goes to work and brings home the bacon, while I sit and drink scotch at ten in the morning (which has turned out okay, now that it's eleven am, the pain in my neck is almost bearable. Last week it was my back ... I think I'm breaking slowly).

Edited by ManifestedISO

All Stop. On Screen.

We'll hopefully  transition into a Eudaimonian society / Star Trek'ish economy.. We're slowly moving away from a resource based economy, which by it's nature a finite economy, with money/time used to regulate the availability of resources.

Robot labour, virtual reality, 3D printing etc etc - is pretty much incompatible with current economic models, or at least incompatible with models that will keep the majority in middle class. Robot labour could make goods so cheap that they would essentially not be worth much more than the basic resources used to make them and even further - once you can simply print anything yourself, using open source designs - it's gonna be hard making money of other people.

Fortune favors the bald.