Backer Beta as presented by Jorge Salgado and Rose Gomez

Ugh... This Jorge guy just drones on and on ad on. I'm not kidding, I got sleepy listening to him and lost track what he was saying and just watched the screen. Hate all you want Sawyer as a designer, but he's a much better presenter.

The Seven Blunders/Roots of Violence: Wealth without work. Pleasure without conscience. Knowledge without character. Commerce without morality. Science without humanity. Worship without sacrifice. Politics without principle. (Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi)

Let's Play the Pools Saga (SSI Gold Box Classics)

Pillows of Enamored Warfare -- The Zen of Nodding

Almost zero sentence intonation, he's like a chanting cultist attempting to mind control you. He almost succeeded with me, I can tell you that. But I won't wrote another message on this, who cares about his voice. Video: discuss.

The Seven Blunders/Roots of Violence: Wealth without work. Pleasure without conscience. Knowledge without character. Commerce without morality. Science without humanity. Worship without sacrifice. Politics without principle. (Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi)

Let's Play the Pools Saga (SSI Gold Box Classics)

Pillows of Enamored Warfare -- The Zen of Nodding

Almost zero sentence intonation, he's like a chanting cultist attempting to mind control you. He almost succeeded with me, I can tell you that. But I won't wrote another message on this, who cares about his voice. Video: discuss.

*Makes mental note to hunt Endrosz down and sacrifice him in the name of lord salgado*

:alienani:

• Like 5

yeah, this is definitely going into the right direction. now to the important question: what's holding you back from releasing this on steam asap? we're in a closed beta, and obviously it's stable enough to be presented at pax. plus we qa testers backers don't really care about bugs. i mean build v257 feels already like in the middle of a hive.

do beautify our weekends, please :bow:

yeah, this is definitely going into the right direction. now to the important question: what's holding you back from releasing this on steam asap? we're in a closed beta, and obviously it's stable enough to be presented at pax. plus we qa testers backers don't really care about bugs. i mean build v257 feels already like in the middle of a hive.

do beautify our weekends, please :bow:

They've announced on these very forums that they plan to release the first patch on Wednesday. Given the reactions from some folks on the board to the initial beta release I can understand why they'd want to release a patch with as many bugfixes/improvements as possible. (Got to agree with BlueLion though - the style of those new abilities looks perfect. Although I want to see how well they evoke the spells before I lavish too much praise on Kaz ;) .)

Edited by MasterPrudent

Dem Druid spell icons!!!!

EDIT:  I liked Jorge's walkthrough.  I am fine hearing someone else, other than Josh, do one.  I love Josh, particularly his sense of humor, but this lets one see a demo from another's perspective.  It made it easier to watch after all the Gamescom demos with Josh.

Edited by Ganrich

Also I see a very good pathfinding! Nice that they replaced the old system! :)

EDIT: also, is it just me or the 3d characters pop out A LOT more? Maybe it's just their screen having a high contrast or something.

Edited by Uomoz

1669_planescape_torment-prev.png

I'm loving the art style of the Druid Level 1 abilities. Suits the style of the game much better than the placeholder images. Loving the small improvements I'm seeing. Keep it up OE.

Glad you like them! The druid spells you saw were done by Krystina who is another artist at Obsidian, and I think they turned out really good! I have a few artists helping me with icons now, so expect to see more new stuff in future patches!

• Like 11

I'm loving the art style of the Druid Level 1 abilities. Suits the style of the game much better than the placeholder images. Loving the small improvements I'm seeing. Keep it up OE.

Glad you like them! The druid spells you saw were done by Krystina who is another artist at Obsidian, and I think they turned out really good! I have a few artists helping me with icons now, so expect to see more new stuff in future patches!

Phew! Hearing recently that you were alone doing all the still missing art had me more worried then all the bugs. Good to know you get at least a bit of extra backup.