2nd playthrough worse; couldnt pass 1st quest barely

ltolman

So knowing what I did wrong in my 1st playthrough (needing to use main menu for loading games so my quests dont get broken); I decided to create a new character

This time I created a monk (previous was Paladin)

I got the first quest in finding the Female Thief inside the INN; now first time I told her to go East (Spare her) and went back to Medreth but quest didnt really update

So I decided to kill the Thief and here are my outcomes:

1-Thief dies and 2 party members are apparently knocked unconscious. Suprisingly I was able to escape Top floor and even exit the Inn with 3/5 members. But seeing as the party members didnt come back to life I thought, well I'll visit the Temple for resurrection. Nope that didnt work. Said I must gather my party before entering. Meanwhile thinking lets go back inside the Inn and rest; nope..... I must gather my party before venturing forth

2-Outcome #2 I defeated the Thief and was ready to exit Top Floor but my main character was completely frozen up. I couldnt even exit Top Floor; tried double clicking him like mad and ordering him to move or even collect loot. Nothing....so on to outcome #3

3-Thief dies and now my rogue cannot move. Same as #2 (seriously??!!!!)

4-Outcome #4 Thief dies and shockingly, shockingly enough i have full control of my party; I went back to Medreth, completed the quest and Medreth went away but all 4 outcomes still came at a price and you'll see that in one second..........

My Wizard has no spells!! Yes thats right the BB Wizard has no spells. I mean sure; I can click the Wizard and see Level 1-4 but when I click each Level its supposed to open up his memorized spells and nothing was in it. Now here i thought okay no big deal I can just re load and see if theres a change/glitch.  But heck even his inventory lacks the Book "Grimoire"

So Playthrough #2 ruined! (total playtime round #2 maybe 30minutes)

Now what I am wondering......can Pillars of Eternity Beta support Multiple Character Save slots? I created a Paladin and gave him a name. I created a Monk and gave him a name. Now each of those has its save slots. So I have 6 saves within PoE. Is there a bug that says if I dont overwrite all existing saves that any additional party members can be bugged? Well I will find out on Playthrough #3 when I create another new game...this time to double check inventory, spells before proceeding with any quests!

Its a bug that makes the grimore disappear. Devs are aware and hopefully it will be ironed out in the update.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

It's good to see that the quest was resolved. I let her go and went back and killed them and wasn't awarded anything. So looks like I'll be killing her in future playthroughs to get the xp rewards,

I got like 2500 XP for killing the group by the river.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

I created a new game.

Upon entering the game I checked Cleric/Wizard for their spells. All is good. I checked for Grimoire; that is good too.

Got quest to find Thief; killed Thief; quest updated; went back to Medreth and got XP and Medreth left. Did all that within 10minutes; so far...no problems YAY. Now to go back and loot the dead Thief and get the quest inside the Inn

Weren't vanishing inventory items a whole plot point for an Ultima game or something?

But yeah, the grimoire thing is beyond frustrating because you have a completely useless party member at that point. The character selection still freezes up a bit too.

You read my post.

You have been eaten by a grue.

OMG the horror, btw do you know what a beta is?
A state of development in which the underlying mechanics should be functional for the majority.

This feels more like an alpha state.

OMG the horror, btw do you know what a beta is?
A state of development in which the underlying mechanics should be functional for the majority.

This feels more like an alpha state.

"Functional for the majority" Like I said somewhere else, you are lucky if betas dont crash every minute for some dubious reason, welcome to the real world baby. Your definition is closer to a release candidate than a real beta.