Backer Beta Patch Coming Soon

BAdler

Hmm... now the question is, will I stick with Planescape Torment, or will I give in and try to new beta demo?

I think you know the answer to that question.

Well, I'm still at least trying to be strong....

"Now to find a home for my other staff."
My Project Eternity Interview with Adam Brennecke

Hopefully this patch removes some of the absurd Sawyerisms that plague this game.

Pillars of Eternity Josh Sawyer's Quest: The Quest for Quests - an isometric fantasy stealth RPG with optional combat and no pesky XP rewards for combat, skill usage or exploration.

PoE is supposed to be a spiritual successor to Baldur's GateJosh Sawyer doesn't like the Baldur's Gate series (more) - PoE is supposed to reward us for our achievements

~~~~~~~~~~~

"Josh Sawyer created an RPG where always avoiding combat and never picking locks makes you a powerful warrior and a master lockpicker." -Helm, very critcal and super awesome RPG fan

"I like XP for things other than just objectives. When there is no rewards for combat or other activities, I think it lessens the reward for being successful at them." -Feargus Urquhart, OE CEO

"Didn’t like the fact that I don’t get XP for combat [...] the lack of rewards for killing creatures [in PoE] makes me want to avoid combat (the core activity of the game)" -George Ziets, Game Dev.

Thanks for the update Adam. That's good news.

Whether the patch does fix things or not, one thing is for certain. The forum will explode with new posts and threads over the next few days / week.

Oh, great. Just what the forums were missing.

He was nice enough to respond to a direct question in brief. Stop acting like a complete baby.

Throwing insults at other people doesn't help your argument and is just troll click bait. Refrain from throwing insults and your posts might be taken seriously.

Not to mention pretending to be a moderator. last I checked, it wasn't up to Panteleimon to dictate what gets discussed on a developer's thread.

I never told you what to discuss, thanks. I just saw your poor conduct and couldn't help myself. It's considered a social virtue where I come from.

I am legitimately excited for the patch. Can't wait to be able to relax a little bit and be more adventurous, fight the same battle a few times and all that.

Edited by Panteleimon

Any chance the patch notes could be released in audio/youtube format? Then I could listen to them while driving home, rather than reading them and blocking up the 91 freeway with the inevitable accident I would create?

No...? Okay, guess I'll just have to wait.

Any chance the patch notes could be released in audio/youtube format? Then I could listen to them while driving home, rather than reading them and blocking up the 91 freeway with the inevitable accident I would create?

No...? Okay, guess I'll just have to wait.

Oh geez... you know there's a problem when you read something like that and think the person is serious until you get to the very end. Clearly I have been reading too much stuff on the internet and my brain has taken a vacation.

It's live on Steam - grab it while it's hot!

? I don't see it.

You can refresh the steam homepage by pressing F5 (or right click --> refresh), or like Ganrich says, close and reopen Steam.

Yeah, I figured it out^^

Looking forward to trying the beta again, unfortunately my last two attempts at playthroughs were too bug ridden.

May the patch stomp, stomp, stomp !

- Project Eternity, Wasteland 2 and Torment: Tides of Numenera; quality cRPGs are back !

image-163154-full.jpg?1348681100      3fe8e989e58997f400df78f317b41b50.jpg                            

He was nice enough to respond to a direct question in brief. Stop acting like a complete baby.

Throwing insults at other people doesn't help your argument and is just troll click bait. Refrain from throwing insults and your posts might be taken seriously.

Not to mention pretending to be a moderator. last I checked, it wasn't up to Panteleimon to dictate what gets discussed on a developer's thread.

I never told you what to discuss, thanks. I just saw your poor conduct and couldn't help myself. It's considered a social virtue where I come from.

It's a social virtue where you come from to throw insults at people as well. hmm Okay. Before calling people out on what you consider poor conduct, perhaps looking at yourself and not throw insults as well. Where I come from, while asking someone to keep on topic may be okay, throwing personal insults at people is considered poor conduct. If you wanted this thread to stay on topic, then that's all you needed to say. Anyway, this has drifted too much off topic.

Here's to the new patch. Hope it will fix a lot of issues and we can see an improved difference in gameplay. :thumbsup:

• 3 weeks later...