Backer Beta Patch Coming Soon

BAdler

Hey, everyone. I just wanted to let you know that your Pillars of Eternity team is hard at work fixing up the game based on the bugs you have been reporting. I can't give you an exact date, but we would really like to release the patch next week, if possible.

We have been focusing on save/load, pathfinding, AI, and class fixes.

When we get the exacts nailed down we will let you guys know.

Thanks for all of the hard work you guys have put into helping us with the beta. The extra eyes are invaluable!

• Like 35

Praise Science!

• Like 9

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

Thanks for all of the hard work you guys have put into helping us with the beta. The extra eyes are invaluable!

Thanks for all of the hard work you guys will put into fixing the beta. :biggrin:

• Like 1

"Loyal Servant of His Most Fluffyness, Lord Kerfluffleupogus, Devourer of the Faithful!"

ringoffireresistance.gif *wearing the Ring of Fire Resistance* (gift from JFSOCC)

Nice !

★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ I ' M ★  ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ B L A C K S T A R   ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ 

Awesome news ... 

Thanks Brandon :D

Next week? That's monday???

*DROOOLING*

:w00t:

Monday is Labor/Labour Day in North America, so Obsidian probably have the day off. If we assume at least a day for testing then we might have to wait until Wednesday at the earliest.

Good news, just trying to come up with a realistic earliest estimate.

Sounds like testing balance and systems will be much easier once the bugs have been squashed.

• Like 1

Thanks for the news. Will there be elaborate patch notes?

Writing elaborate patch notes takes quite a bit of time that can be spent else where actually fixing issues.  I don't think we need them at this point in development.  

Hopefully the save/load fixes will also fix the game breaking dissapearing items and quest bugs... also the bug which causes some chars to get stuck after almost every battle until reload would be really nice to get fixed asap.

With those fixed, the beta might actually be playable enough to get more useful/reliable feedback from the testers.

Nice one, was some really weird bugs going on there, made it impossible for me to continue my save infact, im aware it's beta, so i just played until i could'nt because of the bug, reported it and I'll just wait until it's fixed.I have an immense respect for Black Isle/obsidian, keep up the good work! You are making this old baldurs gate fan excited with this game!