question about respawning

Guest 4ward

i didn't get to play the beta but just wanted to ask how respawning of enemies feels. I saw a video from an area where after defeating several lions, new ones would appear behind the back of the party so i was just wondering. Hopefully that's just a demo/beta thing and not how it'll work in the game. As i understand it there's no xp from encounters so i hope they'll keep random encounters to a minimum. So, i hope if there's respawn it's not 'immersion' killing like in that video and also that the moving radius of the respawning enemies is small so i can move around them.

Are you sure those were respawns?

Some of the lions wander around. Maybe they just walked that way where you saw them.

"Loyal Servant of His Most Fluffyness, Lord Kerfluffleupogus, Devourer of the Faithful!"

ringoffireresistance.gif *wearing the Ring of Fire Resistance* (gift from JFSOCC)

I haven't noticed any respawning monsters in the beta.

That said, new wildlife wandering in from over the edges of the map would not ruin my day.

Some lions seem to respawn if you enter the map a second time but dunno if bug or intended.

I doubt any re-spawning is featured in the Beta portion of the game. It doesn't mesh with the design goals, or lack of combat XP for that matter. It's likely a bug. If you kill off your entire party, they will periodically re-spawn and automatically rejoin your party when you enter friendly zones like Town, the inn, and the blacksmith shop. I've been experimenting with it to trying and figure out what exactly provokes it, because it is inconsistent, though not infrequent.

sorry, my bad. It looked like respawn to me, but you're right it's a lion that wandered into sight, i guess it's just that the transition is not just as smooth so that it appeared as if the lion popped out of nowhere.