KEEP PIRATE STYLE PISTOL PLZ

Sensuki

I agree, makes things far more interesting why not make it a talent?

Pirate Style: Pistols can now be equipped one handed in the off hand slot.

If the additional complexity could be afforded then when the pistol is in the off hand slot you get one ranged attack from it per encounter and afterwards it acts as a low damage crushing weapon, as you try to beat the enemy to death with the butt while stabbing them to death with your blade!

• Like 2

That picture of the pirate gives me ideas of dual wielding Sword+Gun... but that sounds like a coding nightmare too (with how the code looks now).

"If Melee, attack with sword, if Range, attack with gun" = Lots of bugs, probably, "I'm in melee why is my gun shooting!" or "Why is my character swinging the sword in ranged and the opponent takes damage!?".

That picture of the pirate gives me ideas of dual wielding Sword+Gun... but that sounds like a coding nightmare too (with how the code looks now).

"If Melee, attack with sword, if Range, attack with gun" = Lots of bugs, probably, "I'm in melee why is my gun shooting!" or "Why is my character swinging the sword in ranged and the opponent takes damage!?".

A related question would be what actually happens if you dual wield weapons with different reaches, where you are only close enough to hit the enemy with one weapon?

Hello?  LOOK AT THE PICTURE.

Unfortunately you can't access your inventory in combat in PE *dies inside*

Can you change weapon sets via hot key?

Nomadic Wayfarer of the Obsidian Order

Not all those that wander are lost...

A related question would be what actually happens if you dual wield weapons with different reaches, where you are only close enough to hit the enemy with one weapon?

One of the barbarian options starts you off with spear and dagger!

Nomadic Wayfarer of the Obsidian Order

Not all those that wander are lost...

Pistol hits almost as hard as an arquebus it is clearly not intended ;p.  Also you can already do this you just have to swap weapons.  Sounds cool on paper, but worth effort and even that effective in combat?  Not particularly.

It's already in, is my point. No point editing it out, because it's cool. You can't use the pistol after the first shot already, your character just attacks with the melee weapon.

If you want to re-use the pistol, equip it as the only weapon in a set.

Edited by Sensuki
  • Like 9

Earn it first, from a pirate quest, spend that quest XP on a new feat, say, on an island ... with monkeys. 

You need to fight a dire parot to get it

Greater Ferocious Dire Winter Parrot, at the very least! :p

"Some ideas are so stupid that only an intellectual could believe them." -- attributed to George Orwell

Real men dual wield their pistols.

Everyone knows that.

• Like 2

Pillars of Eternity Josh Sawyer's Quest: The Quest for Quests - an isometric fantasy stealth RPG with optional combat and no pesky XP rewards for combat, skill usage or exploration.

PoE is supposed to be a spiritual successor to Baldur's GateJosh Sawyer doesn't like the Baldur's Gate series (more) - PoE is supposed to reward us for our achievements

~~~~~~~~~~~

"Josh Sawyer created an RPG where always avoiding combat and never picking locks makes you a powerful warrior and a master lockpicker." -Helm, very critcal and super awesome RPG fan

"I like XP for things other than just objectives. When there is no rewards for combat or other activities, I think it lessens the reward for being successful at them." -Feargus Urquhart, OE CEO

"Didn’t like the fact that I don’t get XP for combat [...] the lack of rewards for killing creatures [in PoE] makes me want to avoid combat (the core activity of the game)" -George Ziets, Game Dev.