KEEP PIRATE STYLE PISTOL PLZ

Sensuki

I'm into it.  Crank the accuracy way down, keep damage high, only allow as many attacks as the character has pistols (like the pirate dude in the picture, early spammers just wore a brace of single-shot pistols that took like half an hour to reload), pirate it the **** up.  :)

It's just for the first pistol attack. You can't reload it with a melee weapon in the offhand.

Right, you would be a one shot wonder like this. One shot per combat, which would make it not so overpowered. It would be more about a particular character having some serious style.

• Like 6

"Now to find a home for my other staff."
My Project Eternity Interview with Adam Brennecke

I also think one-handed pistols should be a thing. With obvious penalties.

Though you would probably need to make only the first damage instance count for interrupts (otherwise you could stunlock everything with a party of pirates), force the attack range of the wielder to be only melee (dunno how complicated having a dual wielder fire a ranged weapon and then having to close in for the melee attack in a single attack instance would be) and fiddle with numbers.

• Like 1

Pistol, sabre, and plumed hat. This and the single shot mechanic will work for me.

• Like 1

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

Though you would probably need to make only the first damage instance count for interrupts (otherwise you could stunlock everything with a party of pirates), force the attack range of the wielder to be only melee (dunno how complicated having a dual wielder fire a ranged weapon and then having to close in for the melee attack in a single attack instance would be) and fiddle with numbers.

You're way overthinking it, you only get to fire the pistol once. Count it as Two-Weapon Fighting.

• Like 1

+1

I'd have to play that character.  One shot then melee doesn't sound any more unbalanced than having to shift weapon styles after the opening shot anyway.

Keep is as technically fighting dual-wield as Sensuki said, get one shot then melee straight away - awesome

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

*Casts Nature's Terror* :aiee: , *Casts Firebug* :fdevil: , *Casts Rot-Skulls* :skull: , *Casts Garden of Life* :luck: *Spirit-shifts to cat form* :cat:

Pathfinder just released the "Advanced Class Guide" and an archetype introduced for the new Swashbuckler class is the Picaroon, which is a rapier and gun character. This should be in PoE.

• Like 1

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

Pistols should be allowed as a secondary, off-hand weapon even at the cost of a slight penalty in accuracy. Now, if we're talking about muskets and other long firearms, this is another matter entirely. I'm surprised that the fact characters can use only one hand for a pistol is considered a bug!

It's just for the first pistol attack. You can't reload it with a melee weapon in the offhand.

Hello?  LOOK AT THE PICTURE.

Indeed. A flintlock pistol should be considered like a "instamatic" offensive spell. You can use it once in the course of the battle and be done with it. Of course, the world of PoE seems to be advanced enough to have the so called "pepper boxes" or other style of multi barrelled weapons that were created starting from the XVI century (like a sawed off side by side granting two shots per fight). 

Is it unbalanced? No more than a muscle wizard first showering you with fireballs and than using his mace to finish you off!

Edited by Msxyz

You're way overthinking it, you only get to fire the pistol once. Count it as Two-Weapon Fighting.

Yeah I started writing that before reading your cant-reload coment. Though It would be kinda underhwelming to have an entire second weapon you can only use once per encounter. In min/max terms of course; it would still be cool to be a pirate.

Now what happens if you get TWO pistols? Do you get to reload then?

Agreed. This bug/feature supports at least one character concept, so it should be left in, because this enriches the game.

Edited by Mico Selva
  • Like 2