Update on beta patch

ctn2003

Hey guys got some really good new's theirs going to be a update possibly tonight. but if not then well have the update by at least next Wednesday, and it well be the first of many.  calmed my fears a bit :D   Monday is a company holiday for them no patches on that day. But this is great new's.  

post-85918-0-49489100-1409277243_thumb.png   Thank's Darren!   happy...holiday.. lucky you get off on Monday lol what holiday is that lol

I Hope its tonight it least to make the game playable lol its fun but its needs a patch bad.

Edited by ctn2003
  • Like 9

Damn, I come home late next Wednesday and have to work the day after.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

Can't wait! Hopefully combat issues, lost quest xp, disappearing items, and a few UI things have been addressed in this next patch.

If I was a leading dev I would release a patch that only fixes some minor stuff like adding the intended music for character creation and wait a day bevor I release the real patch. Just to see what happens.

• Like 2

Hey guys got some really good new's theirs going to be a update possibly tonight. but if not then well have the update by at least next Wednesday, and it well be the first of many.  calmed my fears a bit :D   Monday is a company holiday for them no patches on that day. But this is great new's.  

attachicon.gifcfDZSZFsd.PNG   Thank's Darren!   happy...holiday.. lucky you get off on Monday lol what holiday is that lol

I Hope its tonight it least to make the game playable lol its fun but its needs a patch bad.

Awesome news! 

Good to know I see the PAX build is 271 (up from 257).

It is typical in software development that there is at least one new build every day, although Fridays there can be some reluctance to post any big changes in repository as typically nobody from programing team get to go home before latest build in repository is stable. Of course I don't have any real knowledge how they do these things in Obsidian, but I would guess that things aren't that different from companies that I have worked and work now.

• Like 1

Good to know I see the PAX build is 271 (up from 257).

It is typical in software development that there is at least one new build every day, although Fridays there can be some reluctance to post any big changes in repository as typically nobody from programing team get to go home before latest build in repository is stable. Of course I don't have any real knowledge how they do these things in Obsidian, but I would guess that things aren't that different from companies that I have worked and work now.

Yeah I'm well aware of that what I find encouraging is that they are confidant enough about the build to show it at PAX rather than stick with the older 257 build.

Well even the version they showed at gamescom was 2.55, so they managed to make quick changes before beta release. Many game companys will ittetate new daily builds, so it's possible the changes will be quite noticible. I'm curious though if the bb will only be the same content for the coming months, or if they're gonna introduce new content as time goes on?

Well even the version they showed at gamescom was 2.55, so they managed to make quick changes before beta release. Many game companys will ittetate new daily builds, so it's possible the changes will be quite noticible. I'm curious though if the bb will only be the same content for the coming months, or if they're gonna introduce new content as time goes on?

Be very surprised if they ever expand it.  The Backer Beta is designed to keep us from seeing too many spoilers and to test the various mechanics and systems at play.  We don't need new areas to do any of that.

Because they said new pathfinding will come in first beta update

The only time there was a pathfinding hiccup was when BB Fighter wanted to move forward but the MC was standing in the middle of a tight path only one person could go through at a time so BB Fighter kind of paced back and forth.  I wouldn't really call that a significant pathfinding issue.  The only improvement to be had there is some sort of auto response of "The path is blocked" or something being played vocally and tossed in the combat log and maybe making BB Fighter just stand there instead.

Edited by Karkarov

Pathfinding will not be fixed in one fell swoop. They'll tweak and iterate all the way through release.

• Like 2

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

Because they said new pathfinding will come in first beta update

The only time there was a pathfinding hiccup was when BB Fighter wanted to move forward but the MC was standing in the middle of a tight path only one person could go through at a time so BB Fighter kind of paced back and forth.  I wouldn't really call that a significant pathfinding issue.  The only improvement to be had there is some sort of auto response of "The path is blocked" or something being played vocally and tossed in the combat log and maybe making BB Fighter just stand there instead.

What I saw on the stream and I also seen it on VOD is just before the Ogre, the BB Wizard goes berserk. 

What you mentioned is a serious pathfinding mistake because it was only character being controlled at the time. Players should not be required to do such stupid manual tasks just to let one guy pass outside of combat. The Fighter should have pushed his ally to the side to pass. Pushing enemies aside should not be allowed. 

• Like 1