Dragon Egg Bug

Lumitone

Question

14 answers to this question

Seconded, I had exactly the same bug in the Caverns when I go to use the chasm wooden beams (no grappling hook option appears) as well as during the Dragon Egg climb, my BB warrior has the required ATHLETICS +5 however, no grapple option appears and subsequently I get scrambled eggs.

Edited by DnaCowboy
  • Like 1

No matter how many times cats fight, there's always plenty of kittens.

Not sure what causes this bug, but I've had it s well. In fact, in the runs where this occurred, I couldn't turn in any quests (no option to resolve with the original quest giver). Someone on the boards mentioned a couple things which I tried and it seems to have worked:

1) Never load a save directly from the menu that pops up when you hit ESC. Instead load only from the main menu (if you hit ESC, choose 'Quit', then load from the main menu).

2) When you save and quit the game, shut down the Steam client as well.

Again, I don't know if anything related to this affects it or not, but coincidentally, when I tried this advice I was able to complete quests and use the grappling hook.

^ Had the same bug and tried both solutions and still no go...just gonna wait for the new patch at this point because I can't finish any of the quests.

Ah, that sucks. The beta's pretty fun when you can actually interact with the scripted events and turn in quests. I read they hope to have the patch out by next Wednesday. Keep your fingers crossed. :)

^ Had the same bug and tried both solutions and still no go...just gonna wait for the new patch at this point because I can't finish any of the quests.

Me too, I deleted all my saves to try again and they STILL failed, still 3rd times the charm as they say...... ;(

Whaaaaa? You can use the grapple hook and rope to get the egg? I was never given a choice other than who should physically climb up. Everyone made it up but everyone fell while climbing down with the egg.

Yep. Not sure why you never got the option. Possible bug or perhaps a condition not met? CON check to get back without falling (16, I think).

RESOLVED

(Admin please put work-around in subject line)

Okay, I learnt this from INKBLOT and it works perfectly for the above issues, in fact it works perfectly for ALL issues I have had excepting frozen characters following battle.

1: NEVER load a save directly from the menu that pops up when you hit ESC. Instead load only from the main menu (if you hit ESC, choose 'Quit', then load from the main menu).

2:  When you save and quit the game, shut down the Steam client as well. 

Once I did that all my problems went away:

1: Grappling hook option in Dragon Egg and Chasm in Caves FIXED

2: Quests disappearing: FIXED

3: Items no longer disappearing, FIXED

4:  Fighter not attacking: FIXED

5: menu titles and sub menu titles disappearing: FIXED

Edited by DnaCowboy

These are not resolved problems!

We don't want to have to use the load/save features in order to solve a quest.

I managed to solve the dragons egg quest just by having a character with maxed physical abilities and maxed athletics.  I was unaware of the grappling hook solution.

I'll see about it.  Thankyou for reporting it all to all of us.

• Like 1

"This is what most people do not understand about Colbert and Silverman. They only mock fictional celebrities, celebrities who destroy their selfhood to unify with the wants of the people, celebrities who are transfixed by the evil hungers of the public. Feed us a Gomorrah built up of luminous dreams, we beg. Here it is, they say, and it looks like your steaming brains."

" If you've read Hart's Hope, Neveryona, Infinity Concerto, Tales of the Flat Earth, you've pretty much played Dragon Age."

Whaaaaa? You can use the grapple hook and rope to get the egg? I was never given a choice other than who should physically climb up. Everyone made it up but everyone fell while climbing down with the egg.

Yep. Not sure why you never got the option. Possible bug or perhaps a condition not met? CON check to get back without falling (16, I think).

How did you find out the values required? By using the BB fighter I was able to get the egg but it breaks. It doesn't really say why I failed that part, unless I missed something?

I'm thinking for replayability it might help to have some insight as to why these kind of things fail, so you know if you start a new game at some point you have a better chance at fully completing the quest.

How did you find out the values required? By using the BB fighter I was able to get the egg but it breaks. It doesn't really say why I failed that part, unless I missed something?

I'm thinking for replayability it might help to have some insight as to why these kind of things fail, so you know if you start a new game at some point you have a better chance at fully completing the quest.

The times I was successful, I had the BB Fighter do it. I'd pumped his Athletics and his CON is 16, I believe. During the story board cut scene, it noted a successful descent and indicated that the CON 16 was the ability that the check relied on. (Can't recall the actual wording).

Just tried in beta 278.. success!!

Apparently the main character must be the one that has the grappling hook, I assumed wrongly that the one making the climb should have it.

It would be nice if it checked the inventory of the one making the climb, or checked all characters for the proper equipment