Game Crash In Ogre Cave

DnaCowboy

Question

--------------------

[Description of the issue]

Once in the Ogre Cave various characters froze into place then once two characters had frozen the game crashed.

1: load saved game

2: select ALL (backspace) 

3: characters frozen in spot with some characters making repetitive motions

4: Once two or more characters froze game crashed

5: annoyed.

[Expected behaviour]

Characters should act independently and not freeze in place nor find themselves cast with the Spell of Dev Doom.

Also player should not fall into the deep well trap of Ye Olden PC Crash.

[Other remarks / Comments]

Great game though

[Files]

Savegames / Screenshots / Crash dumps / Other files.

FORUM PREVENTED ME FROM UPLOADING FILES OF ANY KIND, BE IT; SAVED GAME, CRASHDUMP OR ERROR LOG WITH THE ERROR 'YOU AREN'T PERMITTED TO UPLOAD THIS KIND OF FILE'

No matter how many times cats fight, there's always plenty of kittens.

5 answers to this question

FORUM PREVENTED ME FROM UPLOADING FILES OF ANY KIND, BE IT; SAVED GAME, CRASHDUMP OR ERROR LOG WITH THE ERROR 'YOU AREN'T PERMITTED TO UPLOAD THIS KIND OF FILE'

You need to host them on a file-hosting site such as upload.ee and link them here. You can post screenies here as well as text files (such as the output_log files)

Attached files:

Savegame: http://www.upload.ee/files/4233939/928c10f848a24b95ba26bd45e0291cce_Cave_8070355.savegame.html

Crash folder including error log, output log, report.ini and and crash dump file and : http://www.upload.ee/files/4233940/2014-08-28_141416.rar.html

Hey DnaCowboy,

First, thanks for all the attachments. I'm writing this issue into our bug data base and just need a little more information. When you say your characters froze... were you fighting the spiders in the cave or just right when you got into the cave? I ask because the spiders have a spell that should "Stuck" the effected characters, in which case the ability might be the cause.

Hey DnaCowboy,

First, thanks for all the attachments. I'm writing this issue into our bug data base and just need a little more information. When you say your characters froze... were you fighting the spiders in the cave or just right when you got into the cave? I ask because the spiders have a spell that should "Stuck" the effected characters, in which case the ability might be the cause.

Hey Sking

No I had my animal companion freeze some ways into the cave and later having defeated the spiders (including the Boss Spider) suddenly my BB Priest froze; however they never had the chance to cast Web unless the cast web gfx failed? Also, I saw no negative spell icon above the priest character.

Edited by DnaCowboy