Pretty disappointed, this launches in December?

khermann

No the worst "bug" is that people like you do not seem to understand what kickstarter actually is.

I must say that the crowd posting here are very KS-savvy. Plenty of peeps here have backed a lot and they know quite well what that entails (usually). Even if some posts do come across as entitlement issues at times, I reckon you're barking up the wrong tree. There are individuals here, quite a few of them, that genuinely disagree with some design decisions and they voice their concerns here. That's what the forums are for, yeah?

Edited by IndiraLightfoot
  • Like 8

*** "The words of someone who feels ever more the ent among saplings when playing CRPGs" ***

No the worst "bug" is that people like you do not seem to understand what kickstarter actually is.

I must say that the crowd posting here are very KS-savvy. Plenty of peeps here have backed a lot and knows quite well what that entails (usually). Even if some posts do come across as entitlement issues at times, I reckon you're barking up the wrong tree. There are individuals here, quite a few of them, that genuinely disagree with some design decisions and they voice their concerns here. That's what the forums are for, yeah?

Just coping my post from the kill xp thread because it applies here as well

Some people here really need to learn what kickstarter is.

It doesnt matter if you like no kill xp or not, the important thing is that you (like everyone else) invested money in a project based on faith. Thats a decision you took more than a year ago and will not change. We invested into a idea with good faith and in return the company also agreed on dealing with us in good faith. What some here dont want to understand is that we have zero control over what the company does, its something we agreed on when we signed the contract. Its a standard investment thing, like the stock market. If you chose to invest your money on the basis of this agreemment then it's your own fault if you are not mature enough to deal with the fact that the company you investet in uses its expertise to decide things in a way that you do not agree with. Even if you seriously believe that the whole game will be ruined because it has no combat XP, you've hopefully learned a important lesson about what crowdfunding is and informing yourself beforehand of the risk involved. They did a good job of making their planned game completly clear and if you did not do your research its your own fault so stop behaving like spoiled little kids. 

You paid them to do their job on the basis of the design documents they showed to the public. You paid professionals to do the work and like everywhere else in the world you pay them because you trust them to do a better job than you could do. Thats how it works in the capitalist enviroment in which we live in. If you cant live with the fact that a professional that you paid made a decision that you disagree with than all I can say is "welcome to the real world" because thats exactly the reason why you hire such people. 

/thread

• Like 3

Okay Mayama. End thread for you. bye bye.

Dude you are one of those guys that whined some days ago that you are not able to solve quest which obviously points out that you did not even bother to read the bug thread in a BETA. You also whined about not working features like AI. Go to wiki and read what a beta is.

^ I agree with you Ashen, it's a beta.

Actually, it's an alpha-beta, if I wanted to be generous (I too have been a tester). It's meant to be representative only, I dig that. For me, stability isn't a major issue and it looks nice (apart from the horrible inventory system and design, which I'm pretty shocked at given Obz's experience in designing them). It's the combat and systems mechanics that make it unplayable for me and not a great deal of fun.

My thoughts as well - System and UI design are my biggest issue, some gaping holes in those.

• Like 2

I have only read 2 pages however...

I don't believe  this game will launch this year, and it really doesn't bother me.( Feb 6th i think you'll find =D )   Although i am fortunate in a way, that my job takes me away for weeks/months at a time. So waiting for the game to be released/patched/fixed is alot less painful than those that go home everyday.

I basically just look at why i backed PoE. I backed for 1 reason , and thats to see PoE get released. So however long that takes i am happy to wait so long as it does eventually get released. All we can do is continue supporting Obsidian with our reports, tips, hints, suggestions and just wait it out.

In saying that i am just about to leave for afew weeks ( although i might have access to the internet ) I will leave you with a saying from the great man Bobby Mcferrin ' Don't worry, be happy ' ku kuku

Build a man a fire, and he will be warm for a day...

Set a man on fire and he will be warm the rest of his life...

^ I agree with you Ashen, it's a beta.

Actually, it's an alpha-beta, if I wanted to be generous (I too have been a tester). It's meant to be representative only, I dig that. For me, stability isn't a major issue and it looks nice (apart from the horrible inventory system and design, which I'm pretty shocked at given Obz's experience in designing them). It's the combat and systems mechanics that make it unplayable for me and not a great deal of fun.

My thoughts as well - System and UI design are my biggest issue, some gaping holes in those.

I bet the same people here that constanly whine about broken things would have generated a ****storm if they would have not released something after the gamescon presentantion

Edited by Mayama
  • Like 1

Oh yeah, remember the photo of the old California grocery store in one of the recentish backer updates, the Alpha Beta store. Let me go find that again. BB 257 really is an A-to-B. Which means something else entirely at the recruit depot. 

All Stop. On Screen.

Dear Mayama,

I don't really get where you're coming from, except to say you seem to enjoy getting indignant at other people's unhappiness. This frustration seems to stem from your inability to understand the concept of the internet message board. I'll leave you to have a little think about that, seeing as you are clearly not unintelligent.

As for the beta, there would have been a storm of merde only because Obz promised it as a stretch goal and charged money for it. See my earlier post. Had they not done that there would be no controversy. As for the Beta, it came as part of my pledge and tbh I'm not minded to play it as it isn't a great deal of fun as-is. * shrugs * nor do I think anything I post will make an iota of difference to the development team, who have put on defensive blinkers about their decisions.

So personally, I could have happily lived without a beta, or a later beta. The convention schedule dictated the beta release, not the state of the beta for the backers. Which tells you quite a lot about their priorities. They are reaping what they have sown.

* shrugs again *

I hope combat gets sorted in the next patch, which will be a make-or-break moment in this game's dev cycle imo.

• Like 1

sonsofgygax.JPG

Dear Mayama,

I don't really get where you're coming from, except to say you seem to enjoy getting indignant at other people's unhappiness. This frustration seems to stem from your inability to understand the concept of the internet message board. I'll leave you to have a little think about that, seeing as you are clearly not unintelligent.

Expressing unhappiness and behaving like a 3 year old that throws a tantrum because his momy doesnt buy him candy in the supermarket are two different things.

• Like 2

You know what happened to Bobby McFerrin, don't you?

He is alive and well, performing all over the world?

Perhaps you are thinking of Bob Marley who died of cancer?

• Like 1

Build a man a fire, and he will be warm for a day...

Set a man on fire and he will be warm the rest of his life...

Dude you are one of those guys that whined some days ago that you are not able to solve quest which obviously points out that you did not even bother to read the bug thread in a BETA. You also whined about not working features like AI. Go to wiki and read what a beta is.

LMAO

The quest is solvable fool. It's a random thing with loading a saved game. That's what you have to do. Fortunately, I saved my game before I handed my quest into the Lord with his daughter. I decided to load the save game after I made that post and I WAS awarded the quest xp. So maybe you should be looking at the bug forums. Gotta love that degenerate gameplay with reloading. :)

And I already brought up the broken exploitable A.I. before the beta was even released. And Obsidian has confirmed the A.I. won't be as tactical as a game released by some of the core team by them more than 10 years ago. eg. IWD2. And the beta has confirmed what Obsidian was saying that the A.I. won't be tactical as IWD2 regardless if it's a beta or not.

It has nothing to do with being a beta or KS. Obsidian confirmed this game won't have as good as A.I. as IWD2 after the KS ended. Ponder that for a moment. PoE won't have the tactical A.I. as IWD2, a game that a lot of the core team have experienced with and a game that is more than 10 years old on an outdated game engine.

Dear Mayama,

Expressing unhappiness and behaving like a 3 year old that throws a tantrum because his momy doesnt buy him candy in the supermarket are two different things.

And your insulting tone isn't equally petulant? Come on.

• Like 3

sonsofgygax.JPG

Just fyi while some people can be bad with their whining you are 3 times worse, with your whining because of their whining.

• Like 1

"because they filled mommy with enough mythic power to become a demi-god" - KP

I bet the same people here that constanly whine about broken things would have generated a ****storm if they would have not released something after the gamescon presentantion

You're making an awful lot of assumptions purely spawned by the fact that you disagree with me in UI Presentation.

• Like 2

You're making an awful lot of assumptions purely spawned by the fact that you disagree with me in UI Presentation.

Im not talking about you im talking about people that have around 50 posts revolving around one specifc thing they disagree with but its kinda funny that you automaticaly think that I am adressing you.

• Like 1

I can't see how that is possible given where the game is at today.

The feeling I get is that the development has wandered down paths of priorities that they were most interested in, making "cool looking stuff" and "cool stories" - which is awesome! Don't get me wrong, but while working hard to generate content, the game mechanics have been relegated to "just do enough so we can see our content, we'll work out the playability issues later once we get our playtesters (backers) in"

Been saying this since day one - there are core issues in this game that should be long gone at this stage of development. At this point it should be down to balancing and the occasional bug with abilities and quest timing etc. 

Not an incomplete HUD, broken menus, broken savegames, broken core game mechanics like pathfinding (which actually is pretty easy), characters clipping through each other, missing dialog options stalling quests etc. pp.

I'm expecting the delay announcement any time now. Which wouldn't actually be a bad thing - I don't mind waiting a little longer. I just feel that with the deadline looming over the dev team, the results might be worse than just taking as long as is needed without any pressure. 

Edited by war:head

There is a road that I must travel
Let it be paved or unseen
May I be hindered by a thousand stones
Still onward I'd crawl down on my knees.

The butthurt and flaming in this topic was glorious.  I was always supportive of a delay, but now I rather they release it htis year just to piss off the whiny children in this topic.

That in and of it self is pretty mature, way to show them how grown up you are!

• Like 4

"because they filled mommy with enough mythic power to become a demi-god" - KP

Considering I would like this game to be received well and actually be seen as a viable game style for future titles, I would hope they do not cut off their nose to spite their face.

The butthurt and flaming in this topic was glorious.  I was always supportive of a delay, but now I rather they release it htis year just to piss off the whiny children in this topic.